Best 6.9 N/A Muffler?

tractorman86

Reaction score
i'm not much for the magnaflows, i don't like the way they look or sound. :puke: remember this is going to be under a scout, i don't want ANYTHING to hang below the framerails, i know those goofy mufflers are HUGE. i think i'm at a toss up between the flowmasters and good ol' glasspacks. :confused: i know sooner or later it'll be straight pipe when i put a turbo on it. ;Sweet this is a temporay "break in" test. :rolleyes:

-Jon

make you a deal put flowmaster super 40s on it and when you put the turbo and straitpipe on it ill buy the mufflers at 1/2 price!:D :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon, suit yourself, but I had that muffler in the picture under my rig for years, and it was a very nice muffler. Flowmasters are over rated. Your coming from a very different background, so keep an open mind here. I have a 2.5" in dual 2.5" out, and it's a Flowmaster, and I didn't like it as much as the Magnaflow. You should try to meet up with some of these folks in your area. There is a lot to learn here, but field experience is hard to beat. We have meets down state a few times a year. You should try to turn out for one to hear what some of these sound like.

Last edited:

RedTruck

Reaction score
If you are thinking about going with flow masters call them. They have a pretty good tech support group. I called about getting a flow master for a F150 with 300-6 a few years ago. They steered me away from the series 40 because they said it would seriously sound like a chain saw. They said to get a Delta Force muffler. It really sounded nice. If you go to their sight they don't have a 6.9/7.3 application, but recommend the delta force muffler for the 94-98 7.3 powerstroke.

my 2 cents,

Paul

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i have never heard a n/a 6.9/7.3 in person, so anyway i look at it it'll be a new sound! :D i'd love to hear some different mufflers on them, just never see any around. :dunno my friend said he heard a old f-250 w/ a 6.9 and he said it was awsome, it had a good crackle and sounded like a piece of machinery. ;Sweet so i'm at a tossup. :dunno we'll see what kinda deal we can workout tractorman LOL .

-Jon

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get magna flows in smaller sizes than the flows but its up to You