before i try a turbo is there an mech dt466

philadelphia

Reaction score
Im sure a turbo is in the works for my truck.id like a blower but realistically i dont have the time and workspace for such a project..

I like the power numbers available for the dt466 but i dont want an electronic engine...Is there some older mdt's i should look for like an s1900 or something..

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All DT466's before '95 are mechanical. But, a DT466 is not a drop in engine, and it will require large amount of fabrication and mod'ing of your truck to get it to work.

Heath

philadelphia

Reaction score
All DT466's before '95 are mechanical. But, a DT466 is not a drop in engine, and it will require large amount of fabrication and mod'ing of your truck to get it to work.

Heath

Im sorry i shoulda explained said truck.I have an 89 s1600...Im hoping to get a complete truck off cl sometime..Not on the hunt so to speak..Just if i come across one..I am thinking it would be best to jujst swap everthing over..Unless the mdt frames are different.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DT engines require a recessed firewall which your truck most likely doesn't have. I don't know how hard it would be to make it work, but I bet it would be WAY easier and ultimately cheaper to turbo your current engine.
Travis..

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran a 1996 DT466 with the Bosch P7100...It was a fully mechanical engine as well.

Yup, '95 was a transition year. Some where Mechanical DT466 NDG's or "P's" (called that because of the Bosch P pump) and some were DT466E's (with the electronically controlled HEUI injection system). They were mixed matched like that I think up until '97. IIRC they are all DT466E's after that.

Phili.....Dude, I'm sorry, I thought you had a pickup, but it shouldn't be that difficult to get one in an S1600 at all. They came with DT466C's and DT360's and the IDI's if I'm not mistaken.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat