Battery light

diesel dummy

Reaction score
A new thing started on my truck,the battery light is flickering.Cleaned the terminals and connections,no help.My battery's are not going dead it starts fine and the gauge reads in the middle of it.Any ideas,thanks for the help.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the battery light (along with other lights) supposed to go on when the key is turned....to show they work like new vehicles do. Right now the only light that my truck will "test" for me is the abs light and iirc the battery ligth, I kind of find this odd b/c on my accord all the lights turn on just to show they work. Not to thread jack but I have another question relating to this, does it hurt the truck/battery to run them tell there almost dead (ex; listening to the radio with lowbeams) then jump starting the batterys? I would think just the radio wouldnt drain much from the batteries though since there are two

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The alternater is designed to refill the batteries after starting. Then they run all the electrical items on the truck or car. They are not designed to recharge a near dead battery... They will do it but they are not going to do it time after time. A factory installed alternater is just able to maintain the electrical parts on the car or truck. Adding more load like a bigger radio or more lights will tax the hel out of a marginal alternater. Upgrade the alternater to something larger if you ad stuff to the system. The above postings are really correct about whats going on. Unless you have an electrical issue in the alt wireing....