Baby moose, never used

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I payed for a new uhaul IP shipped to be rebuilt for a moose summer 2011. I recieved the baby moose February of 2012. It's been sitting in a box since. He said it was in great shape and barely needed a rebuild, just a few seals, then calibrated if I recall correctly. Possible that the metering valve will stick for a few tanks, but other than that I expect it to be perfect.

$600 shipped

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the shop across the road would hurry up and sell me their f450 na 7.3idi 5 speed (super duty badge) I'd be all over this but they just got the 2013 f350 srw gasser replacement in and it still needs a service body and set up on propane.

That truck is owned by the most detailed service guys in the area, it hasn't moved in 3 months but the won't sell it until they have the new one ready. The have a 05 5.4 on propane as the main rig and 3 other 70-mid 80's f250 trucks they run. Being a propane shop the diesel is out of place and gets to go bye bye.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
So how does it rate on the but dyno?

It's about the same as when other IP was working right. From what I understand the baby moose is just a rebuilt IP; no performance mods.

It sure is nice to have a good working pump again. :)

The old IP suffered from a stuck advance piston. Stuck in the retard position. So far retarded, I had to advance the timing gear two teeth to get it timed up to spec! That's about 14 degrees!!

I getting really good at replacing the injection pump. I can easily do it in under a hour now. :)

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the vid man, glad you were able to use it and happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel