Babe the Blue Ox: progress thread

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the biggest washers you can find or make some plates out of flat stock mine are 1/8" steel plate that are about 4"x4"
The seats the,selves have a pretty large surface area that sits on the floor pan. No factory holes line up so you will have to do some aligning to get things square.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got them stripped. I just need to spend an evening at my buddies chrome shop and use his big buffers.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna put a coat of clear on after buffing those rims out? They're gonna look nice...

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Undecided on the clear coat. You usually loose some luster with the clear coat. There is this powder that my budy has for Wiping down polished stuff that cleans without any scratching and it literally a 5 min once every couple weeks to keep them looking fresh. I've did a valve cover on my motorcycle back in 2008 that still looks how it did when it came off the polishing wheel

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey on your door lock swap. Did you put a fuse on the 12v wire that feeds the relays? If so how big? I have to say I didn't fuse it because I was pulling power off the door locks already and figured their fuse/circuitbreaker would protect the relays. A bad relay last night caused my door lock wiring to get really hot making me nervous that I need a fuse.

What's your thoughts? - Jeremy

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent, Thanks that's exactly what I'm going to have to do.

Thanks
Jeremy

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No real update yet. I got the wiring for the power/heated seats finished up, so it's nice that the wife can adjust the seat now when she needs to use the truck. I've been spending most of my free time giving my shop a face lift and remodeling my dads house removing walls, carpet and linoleum and putting in bamboo wood floors and tile etc. Trying to get everything done before my sister comes in to town with her family.

Shop went from this
You must be registered for see images attach

to this

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No real update yet. I got the wiring for the power/heated seats finished up, so it's nice that the wife can adjust the seat now when she needs to use the truck. I've been spending most of my free time giving my shop a face lift and remodeling my dads house removing walls, carpet and linoleum and putting in bamboo wood floors and tile etc. Trying to get everything done before my sister comes in to town with her family.

Shop went from this

to this

Darn, your shop had 'character' and 'charm' now it's kinda 'generic', but I'm sure it's an improvement worth making-energy-efficiency, less leaks in the roof, etc. :dunno

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

The Ox has made some progress