aurora 2000 turbo questions

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking to buy a wasgated turbo can somebody help me answer some questions who have aurora 2000 turbos

how far can you adjust the wasgate? 15psi?

what kind of boost can you build at 1000 rpms? and at governor speed?

what are your egts like?

thanks guys

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
be patient.
it's only monday. most guys won't be dropping in until this evening.
there's only two guys I know here who have the new ATS unit. One doesn't drop in too often the other is a new dad with baby priorities. PM him, his handle is "Reklund" and he can answer most of your questions.
good luck. from what I hear it's a good turbo and a fast spooler.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, none of the off the shelf turbo kits will easily make 15 PSI without mods because none are really intended for that (stock IDIs are not reliable at that much boost). The ATS system is capable of more than the stock 8 PSI, but its not really efficient when you get higher up so you won't gain that much. I would sooner get a used turbo and modify it for the boost levels you want.

Something like the original ATS 085 or the later 093 would lend itself to modding because both compressor and turbine sided can be swapped easily. If you have the cash, then you could probably still modify a new aurora kit if you wanted to go that route.

I am not a complete turbo guru, so wait for some other opinions before deciding on anything.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks i just wanna see if its worth getting a new wagated turbo and dont wanna go with banks that much and wanna talk to somebody that has a new aurora 2000

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the new Aurora 2000 on my IDI. The wastegate is adjustable but boost depends on how much fuel your running too. Any questions or tests you want me to perform? One thing I learned is no more power gain without turning the fuel up. I am up to 120 hp at the rear wheels. I need to do a compression check. I used a temperature gun and some cylinders were cooler than others. I wonder if that has to do with the fueling?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good healthy turbo IDI should be able to push 190Hp at the wheels or better (and that one was with a C6 slushbox).

From what I learned on these forums, you are probably going to have to wire the wastegate shut to see 15 PSI and max out the fuel screw.

My 088 will get close to 12 PSI, but my pump is weak and will have to be replaced later this year I suspect.