Ats install issue

therifleman556

Reaction score
I got a used wastegated system that had the pressure chamber o-ring missing so i sealed it with silicone. The problem is that the height difference causes the turbo's outlet to bias towards the top side of the chamber's inlet. I rotated the chamber counter-clockwise and that kinda gives me a compromise between a top-side bias and a right side bias. I'm wondering if it's going to cause me some boost loss problems.The other concern I have is that it doesn't seem like the fit between the cast collector and the turbo up pipe is the optimum design for sealing drive pressures in. Any thoughts? If I can I'll try to get some pictures up.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order yourself a viton o-ring from McMaster Carr to seal the pressure chamber. They'll have the size you need in whatever thickness you want. I have a new ATS pressure chamber to intake manifold gasket laying in the garage somewhere if you can't find one. I use a 1/4"thick Viton oring on mine to be sure it's sealed- silicone won't hold boost pressure for long.

The up pipes always fit loose. I've had good luck using a product called "stove pipe cement" from the hardware store. It's made for sealing chimney pipes on woodburning stoves, and seems to work great on the up/down pipe joints.

Good luck,
Ryan

therifleman556

Reaction score
Any idea what the exact size is? my guess would be 5" X 1/4" square cut but I'm not sure. That would be handy ordering from McMaster since I need some return line o-rings as well, I just used 7/16 X 5/8" nitrile o-rings from the hardware store and they leak REALLY BAD!!! If I was paying attention when I fired it up the first time I wouldn't have had to mop half a gallon of diesel out of my valley...

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
i used a psd fuel filter housing o-ring on my92 crewcab when i put the factory ats on it and it worked very well never had any problems

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 1/8" is the correct size, but a 5" would stretch I'm sure. Square cut is ideal, but I used a round one to seal mine, as my custom intake hat warped a little while welding, and I needed to take up the warpage.

Ryan

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont have an O-ring, and it seems to do just fine. Just gotta loosen up the compressor housing to rotate it down into place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online