ATS Compressor wheel

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Where can I find a compressor wheel for an 093 ATS kit. I went and bought a 94 Factory Turbo with ZF-5 for $700, started tearing into things when I got home and the compressor wheel is kinda rough, and it will need bearings. I'm not swapping the motor just wanted the turbo and trans.

I'll post pics of the carnage in a bit :puke:

Last edited:

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Well, I looked for a few hours online and can't find anything for it.

Here's the chunks I found :eek:
You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Contact the seller Rons turbo service on ebay, he runs a full service turbo shop and will have the wheel you need, and if you send him your bearing setup and all he can balance it for you( or if you dont already have it he can sell you a rebuild kit

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Action Turbo at (619) 562-2550
you want to talk to David. he hooked me up with a newly built ATS turbo with better housing and down pipe. fully rebuilt set up, but he can get any parts. highly recommend him.
he is located in santee CA.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I paid 300 for a complete new CHRA for my ats 088 from Power technologies turbo.

Pretty good guys, can't complain. Gave me an additional wholesale discount over what was posted on their webpage as i am an actual repair shop. bought a few more turbos from them.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I know dumb question but these are a t-3 flange right?

And does anyone know what the Garrett name for the 093 is?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
should be a t3 flange. I was looking for a 093 hot side plumbing to use a turbo i have at the shop that has a t3 flange.

There should be a tag on the turbo to ID the CHRA and you can find parts for it based on that.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Center Housing Rotating Assembly

Wheel is about 75 thru my supplier.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most local turbo shops can get you a wheel as well as other parts since it is a garrett turbo. Just take the numbers to them off of it and the should be able to hook you up. Just find a shop with a good reputation.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Well, Russ looks like you're gonna have some buisness. I will need a compressor wheel and bearings.

There's lots of chunks missing and I only found 2 that is scary. How much damage will chunks like that do to a cylinder?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats not pretty, I bet the center housing is worn and needs honed to oversize bushings, all t he ones that have touched I have found that.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those blades look terrible. Did you collect the big pieces off the intake screen. That screen was designed to catch pieces of material that might harm the pistons and cylinders. anything getting thru that will not harm anything...:bs I do not agree with that. Soft aluminum going thru an engine is going to go damage somewhere. The gap or clearance between the piston tops and the heads is around 42 thousands at best. So anything in there is going to get beat around a few times before its imbeded in the piston or blown out the exhaust. Then it will impack the hot side turbo wheel. At this point I would say ship the complete turbo for a qualified person to have a look see. Rebuilding only half of the turbo isn't going to make it last very long. Russ has a very good rep around these forums. Hes a fair person to deal with. I don't think he even knows how to spell the work cheater...:eek::angel::sly Many members here have bought from Russ without ever an isse. To know who the less than satisfied people are read the Hall of Shame forum. Those are shps with a poor rep on these areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online