ATS airbox or BHAF?

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just picked up an old ATS 085 turbo setup for my truck. Only thing missing was the oil feed line for the turbo, and the air filter. Is it worth even using the ATS air box, or should I just ditch it, relocate some stuff, and make my own setup with a BHAF? The stock ATS filter size just doesn't look like it will flow that much air, but would would allow me to run a Hypermax cowl induction setup.

Which version do ya'll think would work better?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Mike, Here's my 085 setup in Mater.
I was able to get the box with my setup but unless you have a custom filter supplier, don't bother finding one. Been there wasted lots of time. Plus the mini BHAF setup i did flows a metric buttload of air.
2 3/4"I.D.-3"I.D. radiator hose, 15" of 3" exhaust pipe and 12" of 5/8" flat stock steel to make a support bracket and a modified PSD intake elbow.;Sweet
Without turning up the fuel I'm hitting 13psi of boost.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
A friend found a filter for his 085 at a local parts store for a good price. They had to order it in so he bought two. I can get the part number from him if you need... If you run the filter box be sure to use the intake snorkel that goes into the radiator support or use the Hypermax cowl intake.

That being said I'd like to ditch my intake box for a BHAF along with an intercooler one day :D

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
throw the box away waste of time i did and intake just like dieseldogcatcher and it works amazing i have a neo boot just like a cummins and love it it was about 20 bucks and 15 for a piece of 3in copper pipe all there was but im hittin 9 to 11 psi boost also the radiator hose he used would work fine and cheaper i went for looks otherwise same as his

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something else to consider; You loose the CDR if you ditch the ATS box.
I already have a RDT. I made my own adapter that bolts to the front of the IP cover like a Banks adapter. I'm going to weld a bung into the down pipe before install and plug the RDT into the exhaust.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That works as well and ya you loose it I just fan from valve cover with 90 elbow and ran 1/2 hose under truck called it a day it will go into exhaust when exhaust is redone

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you guys are having trouble finding a filter get one from porsche 73-82 911 non turbo I just got one for a friend 14.96 next day pickup