ATF/2 stroke oil in fuel

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using 2 stroke oil in every fill up for years with no other additive at all year round. How much is a useable amount? I have been using about 2 oz per tank but was thinking of using maybe 4 oz for the winter just for extra assurance. Is this gonna be enough or should I use more?

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I know this was posted on this board, but for the life of me I couldn't find it:

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTechnicalManuals/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

That's a good reference point for lubricity of what you're adding to the fuel. I would add AT LEAST the concentration level they tested there, actually I would add alot more... they tested what I consider to be a rather diluted blend.

I was really surprised at how well the B2 did.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think 2oz per tank will do much. most guys including me are running roughly 1oz per gallon of fuel.

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh...looks like what I adding really is doing next to nothing. I have been using 4 oz per tank (150G each side) on one of my highway tractors and never had a fuel in the winter but I guess I can start pouring in alot more...thanks for the link above!!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I use about 1 quart (.93L) of 2 cycle oil per tank fill because I buy it in 1 gallon bottles and it is easy to divide. Seems like it is pretty close to the desired lubricity. No negative results.

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How Much To Use

I have been using 2 stroke oil in every fill up for years with no other additive at all year round. How much is a useable amount? I have been using about 2 oz per tank but was thinking of using maybe 4 oz for the winter just for extra assurance. Is this gonna be enough or should I use more?

I use 1 oz of TCW-2 stroke oil per gallon of diesel fuel everytime I purchase fuel. I buy the 2 stroke oil at Wal-Mart in the gallon jugs for about $12.00...I use no other fuel additive except 3 to 4 oz. of Kreen every other fill-up...I use the 2 stroke oil based on a lubricity study done that shows the 2 stroke oil is better than most all other lubricity additives and the recommended volume is 1 oz. per gallon. I wish I could find that paper on the study to show you...I am sure it is on Bob is the Oil Guy forum somewhere. Hopefully someone else knows where you can get a link to it...

I will also add...use of the 2 stroke oil everytime you purchase fuel will make a difference. My engine runs quiter...I think that is because the injectors are quiter from being lubed and cleaned at the same time from the 2 stroke oil...and I am willing to say it makes a bit of difference in power...meaning I think you will notice a little more "git-up & go"...

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Got to make sure you don't over spend on buying two stroke oil however. I want to buy it buy the 5 gallon drum but can't find it. I run a small bio-blend mostly so Im not worried about it, but if I were....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this was posted on this board, but for the life of me I couldn't find it:

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTechnicalManuals/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

That's a good reference point for lubricity of what you're adding to the fuel. I would add AT LEAST the concentration level they tested there, actually I would add alot more... they tested what I consider to be a rather diluted blend.

I was really surprised at how well the B2 did.

Thanks for that enlightening bit of info....so BIO did the best...as an additive there...then two products I don't know of nor can I find...LOL....guess that WVO I'm mixing is a gooder idea then rofl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle