are these parts worth anything?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there were a two things that came with the motor i bought that i don't need and i was thinking about trying to sell them (or trade for something) but i don't know, realistically, if they would be worth much. One is a torque converter - the guy i bought it from took the trans off but left the TQ on for some reason and i did not care either way. It had a c6 trans i think - all i know is that it was running and nothing else. Do people ever look for used TQ from this trans?
the other is the bell housing adapter plate used to bolt the auto trans, which i will never need since i have a manual in my truck. I know the adapters for a cummins engine (for a TH400 trans or whatever) go for high dollars on ebay but not sure if people ever look for this kind.

anyone know?
thanks,
Paul

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
paul-
the torque convertor is worth scrap value. noone in their right mind will run a used torque convertor when a rebuilt one runs about $100 at the worst.
the adapter plate is the same for manual or auto. they are the same. hang onto it. you'll wish you did if you ever break one off at the starter. it's very common for starters breaking off the adapter plate mount.