Anyone want this thing?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I rebulit my engine, two of the squirters were clogged with old gasket material. That could present problems down the road, like a clogged oil cooler. These engines depend on lots of oil going all over the place.

That and burnt wrist pins. Ron found this when he torn down Barney's super 6.9 (had twins). Burnt wrist pin #7 cylinder. They are supposed to spray oil at the bottom of the piston onto underside of the wrist pin boss. No cooling there could cause the same issue on any IDI.

Heath

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Please excuse my lack of follow up. Last two weeks has been terrible with the recent death of a friend. Horribly scatterbrained. The oil pan is going to another member. I do have the one on the remains of the ambulance 6.9 if needed. Do you want the entire rotating assembly or just the block?

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just need a block. But maybe we can figure out a decent shipping for the Assy,

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have access to a ABF truck shipping, they are the cheapest shipping cost. The block has to be on a pallet so they can handle it with a Forklift. Make the pallet as small as possible and have the block strapped down to it. You have to have some way to unload it at destination or it's $50 for a tailgate lift.

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason it can't be shipped upside down? Letting the "V" support itself on the pallet, crank facing up.