anyone running this banks kit

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its an aluminum airbox and says banks Sidewinder Turbo and is nongated

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Pics are king around here, I think I know what kit you're talking about, but I'm not sure.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't post pics from my phone and I done have computer. I put pics up on the idi Facebook page tho. I have only seen one other Turbo kit like this but Idk if theyres was gated or not.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running one right now. replaced the airbox with a 4" short ram intake and a ATS intake hat adapted to fit. No more leaks, I can work on the engine easily (1 bolt 1 clamp versus 9 bolts AND clamp). Whistles alot better now and though I've got some leaks some where i make up to 5psi:sly

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I'm running one right now. replaced the airbox with a 4" short ram intake and a ATS intake hat adapted to fit. No more leaks, I can work on the engine easily (1 bolt 1 clamp versus 9 bolts AND clamp). Whistles alot better now and though I've got some leaks some where i make up to 5psi:sly

I got sick of mine and cut the center out of the box... :D

I really need to get an intake hat cause i hate taking the box off.....where did you get yours?

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is this a bad setup to have?? I'm trying to get 10-12psi and run a psd intercooler while maintaining the banks box.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I don't think any kind of boost can be labelled as bad. There are better kits out there, but you've gotta start somewhere.

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the non gated turbo on mine with the newer style intake.........
You must be registered for see images attach

foot to the floor with no load I see 10+.

Russ (typ4) had mentioned in one thread that the cold side can be fitted with a larger wheel and clearance the housing for more boost.

Hot side a/r 1.0, cold side a/r.60

Dennis

Last edited:

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
77 when does ur boost start building? From what I have read non gated is laggy and running an intercooler will make it lag even more.
Something else I've been wantin to do when I start the install is BB codes but I know little about the injectors. Will the stock ones work fine or would BB help?

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the non gated turbo on mine with the newer style intake.........

foot to the floor with no load I see 10+.

Russ (typ4) had mentioned in one thread that the cold side can be fitted with a larger wheel and clearance the housing for more boost.

Hot side a/r 1.0, cold side a/r.60

Dennis

That right there is a great setup. I have this turbo kit with a 7.3 PSD intercooler and I see 8-9 psi normally. I will need a bigger fuel pump to boost more now, right now mine is pretty much all the way up. I removed the banks air intake and intake hat and kinda made up my own setup, my IC pipes are welded aluminum. filter is 6637.

Pics....

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/snaponprofile/IMG_4494.jpg
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/snaponprofile/IMG_4486.jpg
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/snaponprofile/IMG_4488.jpg

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
77 when does ur boost start building? From what I have read non gated is laggy and running an intercooler will make it lag even more.
Something else I've been wantin to do when I start the install is BB codes but I know little about the injectors. Will the stock ones work fine or would BB help?

Normal driving, from a stop I see abt. 2-3 lbs. boost pulling away from a stop.

To put it another way, my nephew who drives a mildly chipped psd drove my truck and when he pulled out into traffic he smiled and said "man this thing is right there" and he's not easily impressed.
Keep in mind, I'm running 3.55 gears with 33 inch tires.

I wouldn't call mine "laggy", I don't see alot of boost down low, but when accelerating hard the boost keeps building until I take my foot out of it.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snapon that's an awesome setup. Where did u find ur piping? I can't find a place for aluminum or a place to bend it. I'm almost considering exhaust pipe for intercooler but I haven't seen it done and I'm sure this a reason why.
8-9 psi would be prerfect for what I'm doing and keeping it going without studding it.

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your looking for anything specific, here's a recent photo.............................

If you look in my album there's a few during the swap.

I just looked, what happened to the albums ???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Staff online

Members online