Anyone have spare injector lines?

Petes

Reaction score
I'm going to build a bottle-jack injector tester, but need a spare injector line (I don't really want to use one off my truck).

Does anyone have one laying around they'd part with for super-cheap? I really only need the injector end since I can weld the other end into a fitting on the pump side.

Is the fuel injector line connection "standard" hydraulic fitting, i.e. if no one has a spare or shipping is impractical, can I get one made up at a local hydraulic shop?

Thanks!
Pete

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just need one injector line......

Heck, I just replaced one injector line on my van. The old one was leaking on the IP end of the connection (didn't seat right when it was replaced by the previous owner.) Who ever hacked it back together forgot to put the line clamps or they fell off...... it was the only line replaced- rest was still painted.

Only if I could recall where I put the line. I know I didn't throw it away....:confused: I'll have to look around.

Heck, you're in WA too. I was just over there on that side of the hill the other day looking at a diesel van......

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a couple, I'm doing the same project. I'll seen you one for the shipping cost. GL with the jack pop tester project. I still haven't got mine right. Oh and the fitting is 11mm inverted flare. I have everything put together I just can't get it to hold pressure and hopefully I'll get motivated and get some help tomorrow to finish the project.

Petes

Reaction score
Thanks to those that offered some up... I found my "spare" Perkins 4-236 pump had compatible lines (sold the boat it was a spare for a couple years ago).

I made up the test pump out of a bottle jack - disassembled it, cut off the piston about 2" high, removed the piston seal and welded it into the end of the cylinder "extended" so the o-ring in the big nut on top would still seal, welded a plug in the cut off end off end tapped with 1/4" pipe thread. Threaded in a T with a gauge and the line via a handy banjo bolt right angle fitting that was on the Perkins pump. I had to design around what I had laying around the shop, and wished several times that I had a lathe, but managed to do it all with a hacksaw, small drill press and wirefeed welder and some pipe taps. Just for fun I tested a couple of my old set of injectors - they were all over the place! Dribbly, varying pressures, etc. I took one apart and cleaned it up a bit and it got somewhat better, but I guess I can't expect much from injectors that had 260k miles on 'em.

One of the "new" spares popped cleanly at 2200psi repeatedly. Next up is to pull the ones from the truck and see if they are all good. I suspect a leaker since my truck smokes during acceleration after idling for awhile and isn't as smooth as I think it should be.