anyone around N. Texas that could help me?

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright had my 92 IDI up and running, put all new return lines and injectors then goin down the road one day it died on me and all im getting is air out of the bleeder off the fuel filter, the fuel filter is also brand new and i hot wired the FSS with a toggle switch. The deal is i got into a car accident and i woulnt be bak on my feet for 2-3 months, i need to sell the truck for a good fuel efficent car. Anyone close by that could help?

Thanks

-Jordan-

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think my buddy abd I could come help ya, but it wouldn't be for a couple weeks (finals).

How far north Texas, Amarillo area?

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright thanks guys, i have some friends that like me are mechanics, just figured id try to find someone on here that has dealt with this motor a little more

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son in law has a 1999 ford ****** with a fresh 2 lte motor clutch and ac and is looking for a truck. His concerns are the 450k on the truck, is that the mileage on the motor and is it and auto or zf5, is it a turbo or N/A? If an auto when was it last gone through. Dually or SRW, what cab? And what bed?

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright had my 92 IDI up and running, put all new return lines and injectors then goin down the road one day it died on me and all im getting is air out of the bleeder off the fuel filter, the fuel filter is also brand new and i hot wired the FSS with a toggle switch. The deal is i got into a car accident and i woulnt be bak on my feet for 2-3 months, i need to sell the truck for a good fuel efficent car. Anyone close by that could help?

Thanks

-Jordan-

It might be your lift pump AKA fuel pump that went south. Pull the fuel filter and make sure it is full. If not then it's probably the pump I mentioned. When My pump went south the fuel filter would be half full and I had a hell of a time starting it.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son in law has a 1999 ford ****** with a fresh 2 lte motor clutch and ac and is looking for a truck. His concerns are the 450k on the truck, is that the mileage on the motor and is it and auto or zf5, is it a turbo or N/A? If an auto when was it last gone through. Dually or SRW, what cab? And what bed?
Thanks for the offer just not what im looking for, but yes thats mileage on the motor, 5spd no turbo, 4dr, SRW

Thanks

Jordan

It might be your lift pump AKA fuel pump that went south. Pull the fuel filter and make sure it is full. If not then it's probably the pump I mentioned. When My pump went south the fuel filter would be half full and I had a hell of a time starting it.
cool yea thats what i was gonna try i just figured it would either pump or it wouldnt, its pumping air so i figured it was still working, but im revitalizing the whole fuel system so im gonna go ahead and replace it anyways.

Thanks

Jordan