anybody out there ever run retread tires?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll say this about retreads...I don't know how common this is in other states, but going down the I-5 in the San Joaquin Valley in central California in the summer (routinely 100+ degrees), the sides of the road (and sometimes the highway itself) are littered with "alligators" that separated from the tire carcasses. Even with trucks doing 55 mph, the sun and the asphalt work together to get the tires so hot that the glue weakens...

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked at these a bunch. My brother in law lives in the town where they are made. The price is right and I've never heard of a failure but one tire blowing a part will ruin a day pretty quick. I still might try them on my 93 though. Can't hurt rusty fenders. I always read these threads on these with interest.

By chance does he live in Sioux Falls?? I know there used to be a placed that did semi tires, don't know about pickup tires.

Does anyone know if you can choose a AT tread or more like a highway type tread??

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Treadwrights are an awesome product and I would recommend them to anyone. My brother, dad, and myself all run them and I have no complaints. Plus the fact that they're less than half the cost of new.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By chance does he live in Sioux Falls?? I know there used to be a placed that did semi tires, don't know about pickup tires.

Does anyone know if you can choose a AT tread or more like a highway type tread??
No he lives out in hot springs South dakota.

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.treadwright.com/

Follow the link. It should clear up alot of the questions you guys have like the one below taken from their FAQ's.

Can I use TreadWright tires on the steering axle?

In most cases YES. Commercial use vehicles have restrictions in some states. Check with your local DOT to find out if you can run them on the steering axle of a commerical vehicle. You can also visit or www.retread.org for more information.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had TreadWright's on my 86' 1 ton for a few years and they are performing flawlessly - smooth as silk and not a single issue.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
my neighbor has a set on his toyota for a few years. not a heavy rig but gets abused. no issues

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I dont know what your seeing but i do 55-60 in my truck and i get passed by tractor trailers all day. truck drivers today are just that.. drivers. most owner operators are gone and when some company is stickin it to ya do you really care about the truck.. more loads more money. faster speeds

I'll say this about retreads...I don't know how common this is in other states, but going down the I-5 in the San Joaquin Valley in central California in the summer (routinely 100+ degrees), the sides of the road (and sometimes the highway itself) are littered with "alligators" that separated from the tire carcasses. Even with trucks doing 55 mph, the sun and the asphalt work together to get the tires so hot that the glue weakens...

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run Axiom, Crawler, and sentinel. Honestly havent worn out a set yet, the Crawlers have ~30K on the rear of my 93 tow rig with axioms up front. The Sentinels are on my 95 and they had 45K and easily another 20K left on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel