anybody ever do fiberglass

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Two inch PVC huh? The dash on my new F-350 is crap and the truck doesn't have any gauges, so when the coin for gauges rolls around, I might just "borrow" your idea...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That is looking GOOD!
How are you planning on blending in to the vinyl?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Nice looking job! Looks like it is a permanent mount. Neat.

That 92 truck I bought has a 3 gauge pod in it, don't look home made. The truck is a Centureon Conversion, wonder if they made it as part of the conversion, the pod is removable, just sets on the dash. Haven't seen anything on the market like it. Was looking for a dash mount 3 for my 90. I'm in the process of making a 3 pod for myself.

any chance u can snap a few pics of it?

tractorman86

Reaction score
looks great!!! but wont you have cracking when the vinyl and the glass heat up or cool down. they might expand and contract at different rates.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
looks great!!! but wont you have cracking when the vinyl and the glass heat up or cool down. they might expand and contract at different rates.

:dunno dunno, never done this. if it cracks, i might pull it off and adhere it with velcro. but that wouldn't be as clean. i'll have to play it by ear

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I dont have the guts to possibly destroy a nice dash pad. Looks sharp though!

I in the R/D of a solid wood dash and interior trim right now. I got some extra walnut from my floors and carved out the basic shape of the window cranks. But, like everything else....It will look like crap when finished compared to my imagination.

diesel4me2

Reaction score
I dont have the guts to possibly destroy a nice dash pad. Looks sharp though!

I in the R/D of a solid wood dash and interior trim right now. I got some extra walnut from my floors and carved out the basic shape of the window cranks. But, like everything else....It will look like crap when finished compared to my imagination.

my pad was already gone, lucky me:puke:, i hope your venture turns out better then you envision it;Sweet. i would love to see some pics

diesel4me2

Reaction score

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a company, I don't know who, but Doug Bensen would know, that referbishes the dash pads. Basically vacuum forms a new skin on them. If you could find out who that is, it may be possible to have a new skin formed over the whole dash including the mod, to give it a truely factory look.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
There is a company, I don't know who, but Doug Bensen would know, that refurbishes the dash pads. Basically vacuum forms a new skin on them. If you could find out who that is, it may be possible to have a new skin formed over the whole dash including the mod, to give it a truly factory look.

Mel, would this company do something similar to what these LMC dash pad covers have done? If so, that would make for a fine gauge setup!;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online