Any style of muffler to stay away from?

Lykkan

Reaction score
I say use 2 large straight-through resonators. Will remove the obnoxious resonant frequencies and "sloppy" tones but will quiet it down and give it a good note. Cherry bombs/ glass-paks are resonators, not mufflers, and they're usually installed under-rated for the application (and sound like **** and give glass-paks a bad name) but when used properly do really work well.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
whats a muffler? i thought thats what turbos are for?

MUFFLERS!?! WE DONT NEED NO STEEENKIN MUFFLERS!!

Lykkan

Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention, I always use 25' sheets of "peel n seal" or the equivalent from home Depotor lowes. It'sabout 6" wide and iit's aluminum backed tar. Works great as a substitute for "dynomat"

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried s straight through truck muffler and it killed my power. Put on a flowmaster and its much more powerful. But it does have a rapp between 1700-1900 rpm

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the kids in TX with their daddies Cummins powered truck gave the "there oughta be a law" crowd plenty of ammo to make it part of the safety inspection requirement in TX unfortunately.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
it was ment as a joke....but on my truck i have a banks turbo and run 4" straight pipe to a dynomax tail pipe....no muffler and its pretty tame honestly

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Believe me, I dream about a turbo.....but since I have a van it is going to take a bit more time or $$$ to put one on.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been 3 years and 35000 miles so far. How long do I have to wait for it to soot up?
don't know how long it takes. when I cut out the oem muffler in '94 from an '89 truck with 150k, the flow was significantly reduced and the backpressure was measurable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist