ANY OF OUR EXPERTS NEAR HOUSTON WANT TO CHANGE OUT DIESEL FUEL INJECTION PUMP FOR ME

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
79jasper,

YEP & my retired US Army license plates were also stolen off the truck, too. = When both the insurance company & I asked, the "not so nice woman" at the impound lot said, "OH REALLY?? How are you going to prove it?" & then immediately hung up. - BOTH of us called back several times, with the exact same result.

As I've said elsewhere, the City of San Antonio's impound lot is widely known for:
1. HATEFULNESS,
2. BEING ABUSIVE & VULGAR OF SPEECH,
3. CORRUPT PRACTICES,
(like claiming that they don't have your car UNTIL several days storage fees accumulate),
4. STEALING PRIVATE PROPERTY out of impounded vehicles
and
5. DROPPING CARS/TRUCKS OFF THEIR FRONTEND LOADERS.

Fwiw, THOUSANDS of complaints have been filed BUT nothing positive happened to fix the mess. = The impound lot makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the City's government.

yours, satx

You mean to tell me, That not once, the cop asked if there was any possessions you like to get before they WRONGFULLY took it? You're also saying that before taking possession of the truck, A vehicle inventory was not taken? This isn't adding up at all...Something is wrong....At very least, The inventory is taken to protect the municipality from accusations or court actions taken... AND Those Army plates are registered with the state DMV. There was photos taken of the incident scene, The VIN was recorded and would match those plates, They were on it when Bexar county took wrongful possession. (I assume.) So, You CAN PROVE they stole them on that. I would also HOPE you took as many pictures as you could. Of the area, Outside of both vehicles, Inside, Full 360 of vehicles and area, The other vehicle involved, Insurance cards and DLs, Etc... And IF you did take pictures of the vehicle interiors, Those said tools would be in the pictures. So again, you could prove on that. P.D. IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. As a U.S. Army veteran, It is instilled into you do always cover your six and have as many supporting documents and records as possible. I know as I am a U.S. Army veteran myself. I believe SA and Bexar county is bad but this is more than a little ridiculous. A man was arrested for addressing his city council? Either there is alot more to all this or.....

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruisomatic,

NOPE. - No inventory was done of either vehicle (or of the drunk driver's vehicle). - Instead of being asked if I wanted to remove anything from my vehicles, the supervising SGT said, "Go sit down over by that stone wall. We don't need your advice on this incident."

I went to SAPD & got copies of the accident report & arrest report when I was finally told by the Records Division that the reports "were available to the general public , about 10 days later. - Neither document has any indication that any photos were taken by the SAPD and/or by any of the 3 tow companies.
(I had no camera, so I made no photos, either on 19AUG16.)

And YES, David H. D________ was arrested/jailed for Disorderly Conduct for simply complaining to the City Council about his treatment by the City Impound Facility. - Like I said before, the Impound Facility's "contract company" makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the city & the Council doesn't want to hear any citizen's complaints.

yours, satx

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Every phone made in the last 5 years has a camera.
"Go sit down over by that stone wall. We don't need your advice on this incident."
Nothing against you, But that sounds like you were getting in the way or trying to tell a cop how to do their job. Two things they HATE. IF things are that bad as you say,If this is a city issue, take it up with county, if its county, take it up with the state. A few pictures would do WONDERS. And 3 tow companies? Did they really call 3 different trucks for 3 different cars when 1 rollback and 1 wheel lift would of worked? As far as The fella David getting arrested for complaining to HIS city council, Take that ******** to the state. Someone needs to do some undercover work. The entire situation is jacked up. In how BOTH parties handled it. Pictures, Video, Even audio recording will make a tremendous difference. A local city here records and broadcasts ALL of its council meetings on a local channel. Write or call you state rep ASAP. There is extreme government and LEO corruption that needs to be exposed. Problem is, People are to afraid to EXPOSE it for fear of retaliation. Some time ago, A impound employee was caught stealing from impound cars as soon as they hit the yard. It went on for a while but the city installed cameras all over the yard and told no one. The suspect was caught. He was also fired and had charges pressed against him. You, The citizens, Need to STAND UP and fight this mickey mouse ******** if it is really happening and can PROVE IT!

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruiseomatic,

NOPE. - One of the 5 SAPD officers called out, "Does anyone know whose vehicles that these are?"
(I walked over to where he was standing & said, "They are mine." - He asked me if I had the insurance papers. - I told him that the insurance papers are in the glove compartment. He said, "OK. Thanks." & then, "I'll need your statement, when I get through talking to the driver of the Chevrolet truck.)

A SGT at that point came over to where the patrolman & I were standing & said REALLY LOUD, "GO SIT DOWN, RIGHT NOW on that wall. We don't want or need your input." Then he shouted, "I'm IN CHARGE HERE."
(I was a city, State & federal LEO for 3 decades & that SGT has a serious "chip on his shoulder".)

Actually, SAPD called out FIVE trucks:
1. 2 wreckers, which hauled away my PU & the drunk driver's PU,
2. a rollback truck to haul the Mercedes, which was "in pieces",
3. a SAFD fire-engine, which wasn't needed
(The person who called 9-1-1 evidently thought that there was a fire.)
and
4. a flatbed 2-ton truck with side-rails, with the driver & 2 other men to clean up & haul away the debris from the wreck, that was scattered all over the street for about 200 feet.
(This accident was a REAL MESS with various parts of 2 pickup trucks/my 300CD coupe as well as gasoline, diesel, transmission & other fluids all over the street, sidewalk & in my neighbor's front yard.)

You should understand that:
1. You weren't there & did not see/hear what actually happened.
2. Things look really different "in the light of day" than they do at Midnight, with everyone excited/running about/talking at once.
3. Finding FACTS in a situation is not improved by having a HATEFUL, ARROGANT, SELF-important & NASTY-tempered SGT "in charge" of the scene.
and
4. Pardon me for suggesting that inasmuch as you do NOT KNOW "how things work" in San Antonio city government, that you reserve comment on the accident & its aftermath. = I did the best that I could on 19AUG16.

just my OPINIONS, satx

Last edited:

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Ok, NOW it is beginning to make sense. Starting in order, if it is a bad wreck and there is any type of fuel or fluid spill, FD is "usually" called out to do a wash down and clean up for safety and environmental concerns. And I totally agree, I wasn't there and was going off what you said. But I was trying to understand just what the f#$* is going on there because it ALL sounded so off and wrong that I was concerned because my wife has family in SA and the surrounding areas and was trying to find out if they should start being concerned for there own sake and safety. I also agree, Things look different at night then at day. The difference is quite amazing. Yes, Having someone who does have that "shoulder chip" does make a terrible situation much worse than they help it. A TRUE officer, as I'm sure you know, would "interview" you, counsel, take command of the situation, gather evidence from all sources, get facts and reports from all parties and witnesses, etc... If you have a badge number or name, "anonymously" report this *******. Its bad enough you lost your truck and car AT ONCE and now this kid that got picked on in school wants to "show authority" and make you and your situation worse? No. Thats wrong. Did he even put on the report the drunk was at fault? I had a Hispanic PRCT.3 unit try to say that because an "illegal" ran a stop sign at a "T" intersection and clipped my wifes front bumper of her Taurus she was at fault while she was doing the speed limit. She had current REAL tags, a valid DL, current insurance,etc...was at fault even though he had the stop sign, she had right of way, he had NOTHING. Just a "green card" and was driving a "living partners" car that had fred loya insurance and he was listed as an "excluded driver" and our claim was automatically declined no matter what. My wife is white with red hair and freckles. He was Hispanic. Cop was also. So cop stuck with him and wrote it in a way to "imply" she was at fault, distracted, on the phone at time of accident, etc... While not directly saying it. An hour later after I was able to calm her down because all the cop did was make her feel worse, I get a call from state farm. The idiots tried to claim against my policy already, But I already informed them of the incident so they were already ahead of it. The statefarm agent read the report and said, "Sir, This report is so self-conflicting and incomplete to the point of being useless. Your wife did have the right of way and was following all traffic laws. The responding officer should of arrested the driver. We're denying their claim completely and showing your wife NOT at fault." I called the constables watch commander for 3 days straight afterwards. Suddenly, The officer has not shown up for work and it is not known when he will return. Coincidence? Also, in Texas, The only reason a driver is needed on an insurance policy is to cover them. As long as the vehicle itself has insurance, ANYONE with a license can legally drive the vehicle...Whats better is, We were able to prove with phone records she was not on the phone at the time of the incident by printing them off from our cell provider. She was focused on the task at hand because if she wasn't, The damage would of been worse. She clipped him in a '96 taurus doing 30. He had an older model Honda. When they made contact, he drug her sideways some, the driver fender was shoved infront of the door and headlight lens busted out with paint scratches from him all down side of bumper. She had to pull a dukes of hazzard to get out of the car. But, because the lens broke and not the bulb and the light still functioned, I told the cop it will NOT be towed and it was in the morning so it was not needed anyway. Moral of all this is, I know crooked and useless cops. All the illegal kid got a was a citation for not having a license. Not failing to yeild right of way, running a stop sign, etc...But, aslong as you did all you knew that you could that night and no friends or family got hurt is what is important. Just for future reference,any type of evidence you can get will help and if you get another cop like that sgt. that night, tell him you want another unit and his supervisor and stop any type of communication with him. Cops are human too. Don't let them intimidate or scare you. Disagree if you feel they're wrong. If you argue correctly, You're never wrong. Sorry for the long winded posts but these kind of incidents REALLY IRRITATE the **** out of me. It makes all cops look bad because of that one, certain situations also make cops and wrecker operators all look bad. Most of the time, The wrecker operator is just picking up the car he is told to get and takes it where the cop tells him to. We're not told any details or anything. Just showup, shown our mark, told where to take it, get our ticket signed, then hook and book. And it can make wrecker ops look bad when the "victim" tells the cop they want their car taken to a certain place or that they want to get some stuff out and need to wait on their ride to unload the car before it can be taken. If the cop doesn't care or whatever, That information will NOT be relayed to them so when they hook and book and drop at a different location, the "customer/victim" is not only mad at this point because of the previous incident but is now FURIOUS with the operator because they don't know where there car or stuff is. And at rare times, didn't receive a card with contact information to find out. Some people have left jewlery, phones, cash, guns, etc.. in these cars. Like I said in an earlier post, At minimum a vehicle inventory should ALWAYS be done before the vehicle leaves the scene. Its usually part of the report if a PD authorized to is executed. Accountability of people and assets is so big in the Army for many reasons and many people don't understand why until they're in a situation requiring it. Bottom line, I'm glad everyone is ok and you were able to work it all out despite what has happened and wrongly you were treated.

Last edited: