ANY OF OUR EXPERTS NEAR HOUSTON WANT TO CHANGE OUT DIESEL FUEL INJECTION PUMP FOR ME

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you get a tow dolly from u-haul or any place if you do, I don't think a F250 will fit on it, front wheels to wide. ask @towcat.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you get a tow dolly from u-haul or any place if you do, I don't think a F250 will fit on it, front wheels to wide. ask @towcat.
Bill-
i "think" he's was inferring that he intends to use his departed F250 as the "towpig". SC and CC trucks are awesome towpigs :D

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plan was to take my idi in my sig and rent a hauler or a dolly for the day and just round trip it, If my truck fits width-wise on whatever we end up renting then I'm sure his 1988 f250 will fit on it as well. Or we could just go with a length of chain with a pipe ran through it... Done plenty sketchy tows that way, would rather not revisit those experiences!

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used uhauls dolly on 93 F-250, it was wide but did fit between the fenders. I let a little air out of tires and it settled into cradles. May have to remove hub caps. I've also put an F-150 reg cab long bed on their car trailer, it filled it up but fit.
Have to load it front first, tongue weight is pretty healthy. Hope this helps.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gnathv,

THANK YOU.

While I have not towed a 1988 Ford PU on a U-Haul dolly, I have hauled an earlier model 3/4 ton Chevy on one. - My guess is that we need to carefully measure the width before renting the dolly.

yours, satx

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gnathv,

THANK YOU.

While I have not towed a 1988 Ford PU on a U-Haul dolly, I have hauled an earlier model 3/4 ton Chevy on one. - My guess is that we need to carefully measure the width before renting the dolly.

yours, satx

That's what I was trying to tell you. No need to rent a dolly, make the trip and find the vehicle you want to tow won't fit. $$$$ Lost.

You have to be careful with a trailer also.

My experience: Hauled an F350 on the SIL 18 Ft car hauler, fenders set down close to the tires, wore holes in the fenders in a 100 miles. SIL was pissed, told him he should have heavier springs on it. :rolleyes:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the uhaul dollies but the car hauler will JUST barely clear front wheels on a f350 with KP 60 up front on stock tires. I mean like it will probably rub on both sides. For the record, reg cab long bed is the absolute max for length.

You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about this bad boy here?

I was just given one the other day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Should be able tow a truck with one of these big badazz towbars???

Check local regs

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That truck is going to push you around. Watch your turns.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you end up towing it flat with both front a rear tires on pavement be sure you remove the driveshaft especially if you have a 5 speed trans. Those will burn up if towed in neutral. they wont lube themselves that way. Been tried before with sad results..

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for great input, I always prefer to haul with electric brakes but I've pulled loads twice the weight of this truck and have been fine, you just gotta drive smooth and use the tranny to help the brakes out. I hauled a 1996 E350 with a uhaul car hauler and it fit fine but snug, no issues with rubbing fenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online