Another white smoke question

Figor

Reaction score
I recently adjusted the tps to get the transmission shifting right and today I noticed quite a lot of white smoke even after engine had warmed up. Any connection there?

Last edited:

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are losing coolant, white smoke is retarded timing.
A failing injector can cause this too, but generally it's just plain retarded timing caused by IP and Injector wear over time.

Also, the timing advance piston inside the IP can stick in a retarded position, which will end up giving you the same retarded timing(this is generally the cause if it went from 'running great' to 'white smoke' overnight.

Figor

Reaction score
I don't drive it much. It's a crane truck so I just use it around my place when I need to lift something. When it is being used it is idling most of the time. I have to leave it running while using the crane so the batteries don't go dead. When I bought it a few months ago it would smoke on start up and clear up after it for warm but it didn't clear up the last time I used it. Ill try to get some video today.

Figor

Reaction score
Well we've had 40 -50 mph winds all day and I have no wind break so pointless to try to video the smoke. Ill have to save that for another day.