Another post.........

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
The bosses new ride is acting up. Sounded like a injector so I checked the manifold temps and cam up with a weak number 8 inj swapped it out and it and a new exhaust back pressure dealeo and cleaned the pipe. Truck runs better when warm but still sounds like injector rattle and ping. The boss did more stuff the last two days while I was out of town. Checking sensors and watching you tube. I am going there tomm afternoon to run more tests but I need help with it.....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a scanner that will read Ford codes and perform a buzz and continuity tests? Without that, your just gropping in the dark. How is he checking sensors?

You indicated it has a 6 position chip, can you change it on the fly, if it's a programmer, that can't be done, you have to stop to change programs. Chips can give you lots of troubles, you can pull the chip out and see how it runs without it.

Last edited:

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
He has Bully dog programmer reads codes. P 1316 code is what we got. But not ford specific codes Changed the fuel press reg. fuel filter. Changing oil now to 5w30. He has a TS performance 6 pos chip. Stock hi idle 50 75 100 140. Sounds like a bad lifter but it's very intermittent. Around 16oo to 2000 rpm. Also studders when cold. If you get on it goes away and as you steady out it acts up again.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Changed the oil. And took out the lil black tube out of the bottom of the fuel bowl. He said he wanted to try it. Truck still runs the same. Random studder. And injector type knock. Going to craigville diesel tomm to hook it up. Also new belt on my black truck and ordered new lockouts for it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better put that tube back in the filter, that directs the fuel thru filter, get dirty fuel to the injectors, then you will have trouble. By chance is the fuel in the filter discolored(getting Black) not clear, if it is, you may have a bad injector o'ring.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
The shop said ICP sensor and cam pos sensor. Truck runs like a top now. Need to a belt tensoner and fuel filter on the black ford and Fuel press reg and clean ex back press valve and sensor. Also changing lock outs in black ford tomm. Also clean fuel fuel bowl on red ford. The black ford had farm fuel ran through it before we got it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
To test the icp, just unplug it.
And do NOT skimp out on either sensor.

I bought a cheap non motorcraft icp and got screwed royally.