another interesting craiglist find...

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
a bazillion hours just sitting and idling....probably lots of heat cycling....maybe accelerated cavitation? or idiot that didnt know how to drive a diesel...you get those in a VFD

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
hey. I know that truck!. My old boss belongs to Mt bethal FD. I would say excellerated cavation due to idling

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i used to belong to the local VFD....some are better then others....we have an 80's ford tanker with a 429 that went though 6 clutches because the old guy that always drove it used it for a foot rest while he drove....

i know a guy that came close to rolling our rescue truck.....another that guy that shouldnt be left to drive but somehow they let him even though it took him 4 times to pass EVOC...

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
"We took it to a garage for a anti-freeze leak and they told us the head gasket was blown. They replaced the head gasket and a week later the engine went. We sent the truck to a ford dealership and had the motor replaced. We still think we got taken from the first repair shop."

email from the seller

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
"We took it to a garage for a anti-freeze leak and they told us the head gasket was blown. They replaced the head gasket and a week later the engine went. We sent the truck to a ford dealership and had the motor replaced. We still think we got taken from the first repair shop."

email from the seller

Sounds like cavitaion to me. WOW A New Ford Motor from the Dealer, That wasnt cheap!

Overpriced by about $6K in my book.

Really,..? so you think it is only worth $2K,...:rotflmao ,...If A Rust Free Dually 4x4 with a new Dealer Installed Motor, Dana 60 front end, with only 13K miles on the chassis is only worth 2k, I need to get out of the Truck Selling Business..

Sorry, Dude,...That thing is worth $8K All Day Long! Yes it will take a certain buyer but it will sell!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now if that rig had a ZF 5 speed in it I know of several doomsday servivalists that would be all over that rig. As posted... Its worth the asking price all day long but it needs a "certain buyer".....:sly:angel:

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
I like it! Wonder if that winch is PTO driven? Either way it would be a cool rig to modify to ones liking....make a great hunting vehicle

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen them warm up an EMS truck? As soon as those suckers fire its WOT to the accident.....
PHP:

Yea Jon..... they get warmed up...... while you buckle you seatbelt and turn on the lights and siren........

I do know that some EMS and Fire vehicles have a/the block heater tied into the shore power line, so when the truck is in the bay, and plugged into a cord, the block would be warm. Not saying they get plugged in everytime, but out department plugs everything in at "lights-out" during the day, it can be hit and miss.

But agreed, emergency service is one of the hardest lives there is for a vehicle. Sit in the bay, tones drop, fire it up, driven hard to the scene (a block or 10 miles), parked, left to idle, some have idle controllers so they "high idle" while sitting, then put back to the firehouse and get shut down....
A pumping apparatus will sit, especially if pumping at high idle + the entire time they are pumping.... I have seen incidents where fuel tankers were brought in to refill the pumping apparatus because they had been running so long the trucks were running out of fuel.......