Another good reason to stay out of Calif.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything in California is garbage. i work in a paint dept for Home Depot and we sell TSP, a product that does NOT contain any TSP, for cleaning walls before painting. Gets rid of any oil or grease that will cause paint NOT to stick on the walls.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Everything in California is garbage. i work in a paint dept for Home Depot and we sell TSP, a product that does NOT contain any TSP, for cleaning walls before painting. Gets rid of any oil or grease that will cause paint NOT to stick on the walls.
California is mostly just a punching bag for people who want to complain about whatever. Montana, one of the least liberal states, has put a similar ban, specifically on dishwasher detergent.
You must be registered for see images attach

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went to reorder some agent orange, no longer available for killing weeds here...
Guess I'll be a weed farmer like my neighbors, but you cannot smoke the weeds they grow.
Headed to nevada once the 4x4 trails open up so I can jump the border and buy some freedom goods....

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think one was named the Macon.
  • 11 May 1932 – During abortive landing of USS Akron ropes pull three members of the mooring crew high into the air while two fall to their deaths, the third was saved.
  • 4 April 1933 - In severe storm USS Akron lost at sea off coast of New Jersey due to instrument error. This considered as one of the deadliest airship accident with 73 dead (many drowned) and 3 survivors.
  • 4 April 1933 - US Navy airship J-3 A7382 lost in surf off New Jersey coast. Two crew members killed while looking for USS Akron survivors.
  • 12 February 1935 –USS Macon crashed off coast of Point Sur, Monterey, California after crosswinds broke already damaged section. 2 dead, 81 survivors.
I believe that the Macon and the Akron were sister ships...or at least very similar...they were airborn aircraft carriers...

Some aluminum debris was retrieved by recreational scuba divers many years later...and hung on a wall in a restaurant on the coast of NJ.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes, CO2 is increasing. It's still near the lower bound of what the geologic record suggests is normal. That's not where we want to be. With the sun and hence the earth showing signs of cooling, we do NOT want to try to reduce the available CO2.
This is absolutely, 100% correct. Not to mention that it's time for another grand solar minimum to begin. Some say that it's already starting.
Nope
It's all bad :sorry: :Thumbs Up
Maybe Cubey just couldn't get any worse mileage with his old RV? I know that the diesel in Colorado isn't too great either.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@+-$3.00 a gallon more than radio FREE AMERICA
Yea
I cross the border on the shovelhead and pick up 2 mpg...
:Whatever:

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have barely enough in the atmosphere to keep plants growing.
I just had to chime in here...not meaning to contradict you in any way...but if what you say is true...why do the extremists keep pounding away with the notion that CO2 is a 'greenhouse gas' that we have an excess of and we must all spend money that we don't have and try to live in an unnatural fashion to accommodate their hysteria...?

And...I am not seeing a problem with things greening up now...especially all of the invasive plants that make me want to slash and burn everything in sight to make room for more desirable ones...?

People that get hysterical about anything and everything strike me as not having had a decent father figure in their life when they were growing up...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I just had to chime in here...not meaning to contradict you in any way...but if what you say is true...why do the extremists keep pounding away with the notion that CO2 is a 'greenhouse gas' that we have an excess of and we must all spend money that we don't have and try to live in an unnatural fashion to accommodate their hysteria...?
My opinion is that it's all about control. It's a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas so it's easier to convince people that it's dangerous. It's also one of the least powerful of the so called greenhouse gasses so banning it really doesn't accomplish much in reality other than to give some people control over the rest of us.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think, the drive to reduce emissions has the potential to drive transportation technology development in a positive direction. Oceanic and air transit really hasnt evolved significantly since the invention of the ICE. Maybe its time for a significant leap in those departments.

We have a couple quarries near our home that have local dump trucks moving materials in and out all day. I navigate around them 4 times a day at least and every single truck coming in and out of those yards spews clouds of black smoke at all times while driving. Thing is, these trucks seem to only drive around town, picking up and dropping off materials within a handful of miles from their yards. Makes me wonder why we havent seen short range high capacity EV trucks yet. Seems to me that electric motors are ideal for that application. I thought Volvo had developed an EV freight truck a year or two ago but maybe that is only in Europe. I certainly havent seen any here.
I don't know about Volvo, but I recently heard that Freightliner stopped EVERYTHING that has to do with E-trucks, R&D, Production, selling etc.
I do think that for use like in above situation it would be a good alternative, while on the long haul they are worthless as far as I read.

For Ship's on the other hand, are you aware that at least in Europe (as far as I know) they are obliged by law to run their engines on "proper" fuel to get cleaner emissions as long as they are in National waters, I saw a reportage in that they have different fuel bunkers for different fuels, and they need to switch over on the "proper" fuel before they enter "national waters". and there is a system for registration in place it seems.

And for E-vehicles, at least in Europe, at the beginning they were heavily subsidised, so everyone would buy one, and honestly, to use them inside cities, I see the goal.
But the problem is with those politicians, while they only live inside big cities like Paris, they just can't imagine that there is a existing world outside their city, I bet they never ever have seen real natural grass!?, so they base their decisions on what they know, and don't realise that those obligatory E-vehicles (in which they want us to drive,even in the rural areas) they don't have the range we need, so there will be a lot of walking in our future :-(
Here there is a law in place that after 2035 no more dino fueled new vehicles are to be sold.
But then what!?? the electric grid network is already at it's max, in industrial areas new businesses are withheld electric connections to the grid, while it's already overcharged, and then, when everybody has a e-vehicle? how are they gonna charge it?
And further, all (European) governments by now start to impose different taxes on those vehicles, in the beginning they were subsidised, and now when there are quite some people owning one they start taxing them!? you gotta love our governments, don't you?

Freightliner stops completely with E-trucks, I mean as a giant as them don't see a future in E-powered transport, that must ring some bells, don't you think?

E-vehicles? I don't see a bright future for them, do you?

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably the same everywhere but look at old photos of landscapes of the late 1800's - 1920's... There are very few trees - most were harvested for fuel or agricultural operations. Converting to oil changed all that. Now there are plenty of trees - all converting carbon dioxide into oxygen.
The Titanic used 35 tons of coal per hour and diesel engines then were seen as an environmental breakthrough as trains and ships converted from coal to diesel.
A few years ago we rented a new Volvo excavator. Cold starts were easy and smoke free. Once running the only odor I could smell resembled Clorox. Maybe a pumpkin spice aroma might make Kalifornians happy.... There was no visible exhaust.
Environmentalists pushing their agenda are exploiting fear and ignorance. AP admitted back in 2022 that it accepted an 8 million dollar bribe from environmental activists to place stories that build support for further environmental oversteps. AP never returned the money, apologized, or stopped engaging in payola "journalism".

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks P.G.E.
You must be registered for see images attach

Eta my kid had a tesla for awhile the whole "charging station" thing was something else.
Pge sure has their fingers deep in Sacramento's swamp.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance