Another "Extreme Truck Makeover" :)

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I know i should be taking some pictures but i havent yet. I am in the process of getting my truck ready (the '94 not the '86) for a new aluminum flat bed. The factory bed was rusting above the wheel wells in the typical places and and my desire to have a flatbed got the better of me. SO after taking the bed/toolbox/stacks/air tank/bumper/hitch/rear fuel tank off i have knocked all the loose rust off the frame and taken all the spring hangers off as well. Just tonight i coated the frame with rust converter (phosphoric acid) to prime it and will top coat it with 395A (tar based black paint). I replaced both fuel tanks several years ago but only replaced the sending unit/suction assembly on the rear tank and the old one on the front tank had started to leak so i replaced that it too. I am also replacing all four shocks. I purchased new bolts for the spare tire holder and intend to get a factory sized spare to fit back under the rear tank. I also will be putting on mickey thompson classic II rims and Dayton timberline mt tires. Finally after that prep work is done i will have the custom aluminum bed made by a local shop. The ole girl will once again sparkle. I will try my best to find some time to get pictures of progress soon. Oh and dont worry the new bed will be complete with dual stacks!