and you thought working on IDI's was not fun...

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
My new Dmax is very similiar. I open the hood, check for leaks, check the oil, look at the filter minder, close the hood. The end. That's why I bough it. It runs like a ***** ape and if anything goes wrong, someone else gets to work on it. That's also why I still have, and will always have, at least two IDI's. Sorta like you can take the kid outa the country but not the country outa the kid...or some such nonsense.

Tom

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
That ain't the dip stick.That is the pin for the detonator.

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao thats funny i dont care who you are.
unfortunatly thats the way all the new engines and other stuff is starting to be like.its not fun to be a mechanic anymore with all the electronic B.S. nowadays -cuss

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hee hee hee,Has anyone actually looked under the hood of a Superduty period?That big ass grill pretty much ruins any chance you have at working on anything without hooking yourself to a cherry picker or setting up a scafold of some sorts.My 2000 V10 was horrible.If I ever had to change a belt I would have to do it with a step ladder to do the top and get under it for the bottom.You COULD NOT reach down there from the ground.Also,I talked to a Tech at the local stealership while getting the ranger serviced and for anything other than an oil change,the book calls for lifting the cab off the chassis.And that is on current Powerstrokes!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I may be way off here but I think you all didn't look close enough thats the innercooler out front and the radiator is back by the fan where it belongs otherwise that thing wouldn't cool worth a crap that far from the fan. I also don't know why you guys all freaked out if that was the radiator unless you forgot back when they made real trucks when the first thing behind the grill was the radiator

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technology isnt for everyone. :D

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also,I talked to a Tech at the local stealership while getting the ranger serviced and for anything other than an oil change,the book calls for lifting the cab off the chassis.And that is on current Powerstrokes!

Really? Is that any different than a big rig with the flip-top hoods?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Yea,The Big rigs you just yank 2 rubber latchs and pull the hood forward.The Stupiddooky is a little more involved.....Also,it involves the Cab.Not just the Front clip since the dang engine sits under the windshield.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well gee guys. I'm still thinking the radiator IS out front. At least thats what I'm thinking based on this picture. Or until someone posts that they have reallt SEEN one....:D

snatchal

Reaction score
How long of a warranty will this be coming with ? Seems like the kind of vehicle that you would sell right before the warranty is up.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
WOW!!!! I know I can't afford to even have a service tech open the hood on that.Took me 15 minutes to realize it was in a truck(wood studs fooled me I thought maybe Calven was building a boat or sumpin made of wood,with a bounch of parts thrown in a box).:rotflmao :rotflmao :draw
Hmm maybe it would float.:D if the wall of that building were tight enough.if not -looks like a great boat anchor.:thumbsup: Wish I were still fishing(lost my anchor last time out in Massachusetts.
Mr Bill

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've obviously not heard of SolidWorks. That CAD software allows me to design machines completely in 3d and if I wish grow parts out of a vat of photosensitive resin.

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
93turbo_animal is right, out front is the IC and the radiator is in the regular place.

can't see pulling the cab to work on anything being real easy. guess it's just easy than scratching the crap outta your hands and arms trying to reach in there

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've obviously not heard of SolidWorks. That CAD software allows me to design machines completely in 3d and if I wish grow parts out of a vat of photosensitive resin.

That's it. That's not a motor, it's just a chunk of resin. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828