AMAZING! My truck now only has 1 leak!

Should I fix the oil leak or not?

• Yes, pull the engine and replace the gasket.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, these trucks should leak something - it's "character"

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaks, leaks and more leaks but the one I want to find is no where to be found. On the f250 I am leaking fuel that is dripping from the bell by starter, that is could be the wet return caps that where new before it sat and I disturbed them after slumber. I am leaking at the power steering reservoir hose that is 3/4 stuffed on a 13/16 pipe, so need to at a bung there for a fitting. Both those are minor leaks and dont need attention first, keeping oil in the engine is a issue when is thinking about compeating with fuel consumption. Having to stop more for oil than for fuel running 320 miles to add around 3 gallons hear and there is no fun. Even the f100 and the bmw leak from several places with minor loss through oil changes, so dont think a leak free vehicle is plausible.

With the f250 need to attempt less than a quart lost for 1000 miles, only visable leak was the valve cover that has been fixed. Since this engine has sat for years i am suspecting rings, pulling the engine is not s option and this truck needs to run. I will just try stuff starting with what can be found at the store then working too mail order. This engine dose not have any build up in the crank case, so dont see high risk of breaking off any chunks trying snake oils.

You must be registered for see images attach