Aluminum injector caps

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO....no. i think it is more do to getting junk o-rings. get good o-rings, clean the inside of the caps of burs, lube the o-rings and slide the caps on. i have only had o-rings fail once.

Elaborate on these "good o-rings" please. Viton?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
yes, viton rings. i don't know what rings came with my recent return kit of got from amazon but they are doing great. the first o-rings i got were from the ford dealer and those were the one issue i had. it was only with one return cap though. not all the o-rings failed.

tractorman86

Reaction score
nothing from the op since Feb first, i think it is a no go guys. what a shame though, the product looked amazing! anyone else able to get their hands on the tools to produce some? there is obviously plenty of interest.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing from the op since Feb first, i think it is a no go guys. what a shame though, the product looked amazing! anyone else able to get their hands on the tools to produce some? there is obviously plenty of interest.

OP had access to a multi-tasker. That's how he managed to get each part done in one op. Anyone else is gonna have to start with a turned part for the cap itself, and then 2 ops in a mill to put on the hose barbs. Waaay too much work to make them set by set, but if I end up making a set for myself, might as well make 5-6 sets...

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ihave been working on a set myself. Have the cnc equipment necessary, however, I need more time!!

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are very cool! I would be up for a set as long as I get to keep my kids..."BUT" I dont mind selling the wife!;Sweet

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still here. Aluminum caps still on my truck and still working good. Its about a 3 hour process to make a full set of caps and i just have not had the extra time at work to make any recently. Sorry this is taking so long.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
honestly, that doesn't seem to be too bad as far as time to make an entire set of caps, considering the detail involved. it's not simple like chucking something up in the lathe or mill.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. it's not simple like chucking something up in the lathe or mill.

Yes it really is that simple :D spend a little time on YouTube looking at mill/turn centers. He's just gotta put the tooling in first, but after that it goes from bar stock to finished part in one op!