Alright I'm back

1994IDI

Reaction score
Hey all, I know I haven't been back to reply to my clutch thread, but it turned out to be the clutch rod bushing. Thanks to all that helped out, I appreciated it. The repair won't be necessary now. The truck rolled on Tuesday night. I was on a highway that had been cleared following another car. The sedan ahead of me hit their brakes hard as we came on a snowy patch of road. My truck could not stop as fast as he could, so I downshifted and went around him, but had to take it to the median to avoid other cars. The truck hit the median and flipped on its top. Fire and EMS got the truck lifted so I could get out after being pinned for about 45 minutes. With only a concussion, some bruising and cuts I am still going to survival training this weekend for 4 weeks in Washington.
I have several things that I got back from the truck that I'm going to sell. They will be in the market place and will include a full intercooler setup, my Optima batteries, cold air intake, and other odds and ends. Don't feel bad about asking for particulars on the parts just because of the accident. I know how nice of guys ya'll are LOL.
I'm just glad to still be around, but I will sorely miss my IDI, and am very upset at the thought of all of the work and money I put into it. Most importantly the OB community who helped me with so many problems and questions on the truck. That is by far what I'll miss the most. So thanks again to everyone here, and I am not going anywhere. If you don't realize how great the people are on this forum, you have not been around long enough, or have not taken enough time to appreciate it.

I apologize for the picture quality. The lighting and space in that garage was terrible.

Attachments

• P1120032.jpg
    P1120032.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 34
  • P1120033.jpg
    P1120033.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 50
  • P1120031.jpg
    P1120031.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 44
  • P1130038.jpg
    P1130038.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 39

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I hate to see this kind of stuff! I am glad you are ok and thats whats important. The rest is just sheet metal and parts. I think you should re body the truck and rock it!

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
just curoius, did u have belt on? looks like u was laying down across the seat to make it. no way to do it with belt on.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'm sure glad to hear you're OK. It sure sucks that your truck got trashed. that was one sweet truck.

In case anyone is wondering about the parts on that thing, he had that truck in tip top shape, it was a real beauty inside and out. Tha'ts just a cryin' shame to see it like that.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
What a clean truck getting to it's premature demise. At least you're ok, that's what matters... Now, get out there and get another IDI!

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I'm sure glad to hear you're OK. It sure sucks that your truck got trashed. that was one sweet truck.

In case anyone is wondering about the parts on that thing, he had that truck in tip top shape, it was a real beauty inside and out. Tha'ts just a cryin' shame to see it like that.

+2 on that! :eek:

Damn good thing you made it out alive!

Any and every truck is replaceable...

1994IDI

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I did have a belt on. I was hanging upside down from it. I agree with you, I'm not sure how?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That"ll buff out...:eek::angel: Wow is all that comes to mind seeing the roof of your rig. Glad your ok but sad you lort your fine ride too. Trucks can be replaced but health can't. Just another bump in the road of life... Drive on and be careful... You would be missed if something awful happened to you... Again... Sorry for your loss but glad you are ok...

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear man, but why part out the truck?

If the engine and everything is still good, no bent frame or anything, then you could just throw a new body on it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jared, man reading this thread makes my stomach sick. I hate to see your truck like that, knowing how much effort and pride you put into it. I'm just glad you are fine.

Heath

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm truly sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the feeling you get when you look at the damage. At least you are alright! Its guys like you who make me really appreciate OB. Please hang around...maybe we will get you back into an IDI ;Sweet

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you are ok, where in washington is your training?

magking1971

Reaction score
If you are going to the survival school at Fairchild up around the Cusick area I will wave to ya as the bus goes by.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek:

Wow, that's a convertible model I've never seen before. :D

Glad to hear you're okay, good luck at Fairchild (I haven't been but have heard it's the toughest outdoor school in the DOD).

Last edited: