AIR RIDE

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a leaf spring replacement with air ride for our trucks. I think some of the ambulance models may have been done this way. Mine is a 89 extended cab DRW

Hope this goes somewhere as I woul like to know about this.

Thanks to all

wmoguy

Reaction score
Call Joe @ airbagit.com.

They made me a custom one for my 2005 f250 which ended up making some magazines. They do some awesome stuff. Nicer than kelderman but not as overpriced.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you can find an old ambulance that has the full airride at auction, you could gut the suspension off it and scrap the rest. Its been done. Not all have teh airride, many have springs.

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for something new and turnkey--thanks wmoguy I will call them. I would have thought more poeple on this form would have more info about this.

Reaction score
Riderite by firestone makes air suspensions for almost any truck I used them as helper springs for the back of my 150 worked great for my purpose

Reaction score
Firestone still makes the air helper springs for the rear they run about 300 and if you want the compressor its a little more. Super easy to install good for if you leaf springs are a little worn out.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya full bolt in air ride in a kit you bolt in dont happen but if i ever come across semi truck airbags cheap im doing the swap with 1/2 plate boxed arms pivotinh off the fromt spring perch and bags behind axle

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hopeing someone did this and would have good info--finding an old ambulance may just take to long or cost to much for just the air ride.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
diesel4me2 (chris) had full air ride on his. hopefully he will chime in for ya with his links. do a search, they should come up. i belive airbagit made his kit, but he has had bag issues and as of right now only the front axle is air ride. the rear is back to leaf springs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online