Air bag question

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
So i have a question involving air bags.... not the explosive kind im talking about the slammed show truck ones ;Really:D:sly

before yall rip me a new one for saying i want to lower my truck and blah blah blah i understand that its a 3/4 ton truck and that it needs to be used as a truck but i have a master plan and think that when im finished its gonna look pretty freaking badass ;Sweet so bear with me please

Im probably gonna have to fab up a 4 link set up or something like that but ive already thought about that

I have found a few different types of bags to use and im curious what you guys think? should i use some that are made for this type of application or can i use some of these?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AIR-57215/?rtype=10

Or should i stick with something like this?

http://www.ridetech.com/shop/suspen...-springs/airspring-26c-double-convoluted.html

We have an Air Ride Technologies system on my stepdads '57 bel air and its an AWESOME kit but i dont know if it will work on my truck

Thanks Guys :sly

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
THis place has all kinds of weld up parts . Gust got some brackets in for some helper bags to rig on my truck where a regular kit wouldn't work because of my bed. Prices are good but watch the shipping

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
thanks RLDSL, that site is AWESOME!!!my master plan for the truck is a dually conversion with 22.5 or 19.5 Alcoas, then i want to slam it to the floor with air bags, then for the pipes im gonna run my 5" stacks but what im gonna do is notch the corners of the bed out and have a piece of steel rolled to a 6" or 7" radius then weld it in to the corners and run all 5" chrome tubing so i have the chrome 90* running to the stacks, I think that coupled with the dark gloss red and white two tone will look pretty badass

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Youd be all set then THey have a complete kit to 4 link a dually with all the mounts, and if you want to make the front airride as well, they have all the weld up brackets to replace springs .

Just make dang sure your welding equipment is up to the task

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
i really want to pick up that 4 link setup but i dunno if im gonna be able to afford that 1500 anytime soon, how hard would it be to fab that up myself?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i really want to pick up that 4 link setup but i dunno if im gonna be able to afford that 1500 anytime soon, how hard would it be to fab that up myself?

If you have the welding skils they have kits and parts to do it or other versions much cheaper

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I was thinkingbout just picking up the kit with the panhard bar and the 4link iirc that one is only $400

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the OP:
1st - air helper or leveling bags are not big enough to hold the weight of the truck. unless you plan to never tow again.
2nd - the complete system linkec above will not let you lay frame. not even close.
3rd - the smallest tires for uncut 22.5s are near 34's. to lay frame with those you are gunna need a monster frame notch. i'm not even sure the fenders will hold those.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
home made air bag system that works:
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43770

i built a link suspension on my one ton bronco. it ended up about a grand in link parts. with springs and shocks it was...1500 i think. everything way heavy duty there though.

whatever you do post up the progress. i'm gunna bag the rear of my F250 one of these days.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Andrew,

Take a look at this thread. Chris (diesel4me2, this years rally host) has a 4 link air suspension on his truck. If you look in that thread he has some pictures of his setup. I know last year at the rally when Mel went to ime the truck, he let the bags down and dropped the truck nice and low so it was easy to get into the engine bay......

You may want to PM him for more info, or if you can make it to the 4th of July Rally in Northern Illinois, you could check it out in person....

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the OP:
1st - air helper or leveling bags are not big enough to hold the weight of the truck. unless you plan to never tow again.
2nd - the complete system linkec above will not let you lay frame. not even close.
3rd - the smallest tires for uncut 22.5s are near 34's. to lay frame with those you are gunna need a monster frame notch. i'm not even sure the fenders will hold those.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
do you have anymore pics of that truck? if those are 22.5s on there i think theyre too big now im thinking some 19.5s or even some 18s?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I've got a web page I saved on my laptop that shows a step by step of lowering a F350 Crew hed didn't slam it but it still looks cool. I'll try to dig it up.....:thumbsup:

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I've got a web page I saved on my laptop that shows a step by step of lowering a F350 Crew hed didn't slam it but it still looks cool. I'll try to dig it up.....:thumbsup:

that would be awesome! any help is greatly appreciated, I just emailed the company that Chris mentioned in his post so im hoping to hear back from them soon ;Sweet

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
So I got an email back from the guys at Airbagit and I'm looking at just about $1800 or so for the setup, that's the parallel four link, bags etc and the 3" drop I-Beams. The I-Beams are badass they're fabricated and built really well and they have them for all sorts of Ford trucks, they aren't to bad price wise either.