Aftermarket Exhaust System Upgrades

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Looking for options and opinions on an aftermarket exhaust upgrade for my 93 F250 7.3 factory turbo IDI. Is anyone using the Dynomax 19430 bolt on system or the ATS bolt on system? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Since ATS told me in person that I can't get their down pipe any more, where can you get a down pipe?

PZ

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Get a good downpipe and go to 4" Straightpipe all the way out. it is the best sounding and cheapest system for these turboed IDI's!

If my truck is stock with the stock IP and timming, what adjustments need to be made running 4" straight pipe?? I'm guessing timming would need to be advanced and pump turned up ???

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, no need to mess with the IP unless you want to. If you used to be naturally aspirated and have added a turbo or if it was factory turbo with stock fuel settings you likely have room to bump the fuel up a little. Don't do that until you have a pyro and boost gauge. I agree with Darrin Tosh about the 4" straightpipe from a 3" down pipe. If ATS won't sell us pipes anymore one can probably have a suitable one made at any exhaust shop that can bend up to 3" tubing. It might be hard for them to get it right if they don't have a template to work from.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal recommendation for an exhaust system on a turbo truck is some 4" pipe right off the downpipe (preferably a 3" downpipe of course), a Walker 21172 muffler, and either a dump or a pipe exiting in front of the rear wheel. I challenge anyone to find one that sounds better without ******* everyone off with too much noise.

If I wasn't so hung up on stacks right now I'd still have that on my truck...and I'm working on getting my stacks to sound like that side exit system did.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Since ATS told me in person that I can't get their down pipe any more, where can you get a down pipe?

PZ

Not sure where the info came from that ATS does'nt have the down pipe anymore but I ordered one today from ATS directly for $85. They still have the down pipe and the full 4" turbo back exhaust system, although the exhaust system is on a weeks backorder right now. They do have the down pipe in stock.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Not sure where the info came from that ATS does'nt have the down pipe anymore but I ordered one today from ATS directly for $85. They still have the down pipe and the full 4" turbo back exhaust system, although the exhaust system is on a weeks backorder right now. They do have the down pipe in stock.

Who did you talk too?! I want a name! Seems that there is one person there that knows what's going on! Sad that you were able to call and get one, but I was standing there cash in hand and the dude just said no.

PZ

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Who did you talk too?! I want a name! Seems that there is one person there that knows what's going on! Sad that you were able to call and get one, but I was standing there cash in hand and the dude just said no.

PZ

Talk to Steve at Ext 109. He told me they had them in stock and charged my CC, so they had at least one !! He said sometimes they are on backorder but they still get them and sell them. :dunno

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Talk to Steve at Ext 109. He told me they had them in stock and charged my CC, so they had at least one !! He said sometimes they are on backorder but they still get them and sell them. :dunno

Think I am going to talk to them today!

PZ