Adding X-springs w/Edge 3" Hanger Kit

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the part numbers you need for the X springs.
X Springs

(2) 2C3Z-5310-AF Springs @ $154.32 ea

(4) F81Z-5705-ZA U-Bolts @ $15.88 ea

(8) N805480-S426 Nut @ $1.86 ea

The prices are approximates.

Duane, I got 1 3/4" of lift with the X springs on my truck.

Keith

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Call Ford parts. Tell them you need the part # for an '00 F450 or F550 with a diesel engine and 4x4. That'll automatically put you into "X" springs. To be sure, ask the parts guy if they're code "X" or they're rated at 6,000#. might as well ask the price while you're at it., might not be as bad as you think.
That's exactly what I did and got the same part numbers as Keith supplied below. Thanks Duke.

Originally posted by ktpauley
Here are the part numbers you need for the X springs.
(2) 2C3Z-5310-AF Springs @ $154.32 ea
(4) F81Z-5705-ZA U-Bolts @ $15.88 ea
(8) N805480-S426 Nut @ $1.86 ea
The prices are approximates. I got 1 3/4" of lift with the X springs on my truck.
Keith
I guess the amount of lift depends on the individual truck. Keith, thanks for the part numbers.
My stealership offers our club members a discount so my price was a little better but not as good as Duke paid 5 years ago.
(2) X-code springs:list $173 sell for $130 ea.
(4) U-Bolts: list $15 sell for $8 ea.
(8) Nuts: list $2 sell for $1.40 ea.
So by the time I add on sales tax, I'm looking at close to $300. ;Sweet

Y2KPSD

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y2KPSD, you're welcome. Maybe I should have clarified the amount of lift I got with the X springs. Yea they lifted my truck 1 3/4". That was after I put on the 500 LB bumper and winch on the truck. With the added weight of the bumper and winch the front was 1/4" higher than stock. Even the the added weight on the front the truck still rides better than stock. Ask Sean, He drove the truck, although only for a short distence. Keith

treefidy

Reaction score
hey guys, about those edge hangers. where did ya get them or were can i look to find them? i have a 99, cc, lb man, 350. and its wiered, i was looking under the truck the other day and noticed that the spring packs were different? the drivers side were "split" there was a good 1/2 inch gap between the springs at the hangers, on the pasenger side they were flush and right on top of each other. granted the drivers side meet and are together at the u bolts the split up again. this is wiered, has anyone else noticed this about there truck? or do i have a half breed of slapped together parts? should i change out the springs to the X's and the edge hangers? Also i have been having some wiered tech probs, when driving the truck every once and a while during the shifting of gears nothing happens, the engine is still running but theres no POWER it wont go! somone told me that the man trans kicks down to 4 clynders during shifts and there might bw a computer prob, other people have told me that the cps might be going but that dosent make sense it should just die. i have also been told that the valve cover gaskets might be taking a crap and thats why. thought i would just ask.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y2KPSD said:
"That's exactly what I did and got the same part numbers as Keith supplied below. Thanks Duke.

I guess the amount of lift depends on the individual truck. Keith, thanks for the part numbers.
My stealership offers our club members a discount so my price was a little better but not as good as Duke paid 5 years ago.
(2) X-code springs:list $173 sell for $130 ea.
(4) U-Bolts: list $15 sell for $8 ea.
(8) Nuts: list $2 sell for $1.40 ea.
So by the time I add on sales tax, I'm looking at close to $300. ;Sweet

Y2KPSD"

I know I'm gonna get crucified for saying this, but I didn't get new U-bolts. All I bought were the springs and tossed them on. I know they always say to replace them, but I didn't bother.

Haven't had a problem in ~70,000 miles/5 years.

I would say I got 1&1/4" of lift. Looks perfectly stock. The reason I did it in the first place was to avoid warranty problems.

I have added a 2" jack-it lift since then. At that time, I got new U bolts.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread. Duke, is that your new dump truck in your avatar? I see it being straight piped and chipped in the near future. Keith

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keith,

That's the truck I bought back in July '04 to replace my previous medium duty.

I already straight piped it. :) The exhuast only has a baffle in the chrome stack. The '92 DTA466 can't be chipped.....it's a mechanical injection motor. No computer.:) I have already turned up the pump in it and adjusted the governor springs for more power & RPM's. I plan on some more power mods in the near future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online