A Waste of Alco Wheels

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
A Waste of Alcoa Wheels

So i work in nyc. They are setting up for super bowl and there are these generators with Alcoa wheels on them all over the place. I have seen at least 20 of them, some with dual axles. All have spare too. 235/85/16 wrangler tires on the one I looked at. It just kills me.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
oh bummer! too bad there isnt 4 of em hehehe.

i hope the tires are not goodyear wrangler at's... walmart 2 ply tires. yuk

whats all that white stuff on the ground ;-)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i work in nyc. They are setting up for super bowl and there are these generators with Alco wheels on them all over the place. I have seen at least 20 of them, some with dual axles. All have spare too. 235/85/16 wrangler tires on the one I looked at. It just kills me.

Do you mean dual wheels or Tandem Axles I'm a little confused as your picture is a single axle single wheel

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.... Expensive flash on those Cat gen sets. Wonder if they might fit our hubs...:sly:angel:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See where it says "Entertainment Services", that means it has to be fancy for the uppity rich folk. And that should be an 8 on 6.5 pattern.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I did mean tandem axles. So with spare thats 5 Alcoa wheels counting the spare . Some were single axles thats the one I took pic of.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that strange? What do they need generators for?

I know that this is off thread, but really, why the generators?

Over here, we are getting ready for speed weeks with the start of the Rolex 24 hours and there are major renovations in progress with bigger grandstands (5 stories high) being built, but no need for generators...

Sounds like a possible false flag operation is being planned... Or do I have my tin foil hat on too tight? Think about it...

Oh yeah, those wheels sure would look good on my rig... There, no thread derailment, see? :sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well a person COULD remove them and install his take offs so the gen sets are still moveable. Might not even be seen too ot noticed...:angel::angel::angel:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that strange? What do they need generators for?

I know that this is off thread, but really, why the generators?

Over here, we are getting ready for speed weeks with the start of the Rolex 24 hours and there are major renovations in progress with bigger grandstands (5 stories high) being built, but no need for generators...

Sounds like a possible false flag operation is being planned... Or do I have my tin foil hat on too tight? Think about it...
Backup generators are common at major sporting events in case of a power failure, so they can keep the lights on and hopefully not interrupt the game. The major news media outlets like to keep generators onhand so they can keep broadcasting if the power goes. I'm actually surprised they're bring ing in portable gensets as opposed to having permanent-mounted generators like hospitals have, but I guess it's cheaper this way since the venue's not operating 24/7. I think you can take the tin foil hat off ;) certainly, every time I've been anywhere near a stadium for a major game, there are a bunch of backup gensets hanging around, and I imagine it'd be doubly so for the Super Bowl...

Back on subject, those Alcoas sure do look nice ;Sweet

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you can take the tin foil hat off ;)
Oh, okay...

Pass the WD-40...
You must be registered for see images

And the anti-seize, for making those Alcoa lug nuts easier to remove for when the owners come looking for their Alcoas...

By the way, what's the capacity rating for those Alcoas?

Last edited:

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Actually these generators I have seen are on the street in NYC. The NFL has broadway from 43rd to 34 th and ESPN has 35th and 36th from 7th to broadway closed down that I know of. They are using these gens to power everything they are setting up. That includes the luge ride they are putting on broadway! And yes they do appear to be 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online