97 F350 Clutch Slave Cylinder Push Rod Clip

BigRedWeather

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I last purchased a clutch master/slave cylinder the slave push rod had a plastic clip on it that would hold the push rod back in the cylinder. I don't know of a way to mount the slave cylinder on the side of the transmission without that clip. A picture is attached. I needed to remove my slave and put it back on, but that clip is missing. Does anyone know where I could find one, or would you have an extra? I realize when you use one, it stays with the cylinder.

Attachments

• CropperCapture[2].jpg
    CropperCapture[2].jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 12

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never used em.
ive had no problem installing them.
i use a pry bar on the clutch fork against the bell housing.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a ratchet strap once.
I think Al talked about a technique he uses. @riotwarrior

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks and yes.

Take a nut driver that will sit against the ball of pushrod.

Slide slave on a ways press against pushrod with the nut driver and just as you get to lutch arm you can rock the handle and POP pushrod into place.

I can do this in about 15 seconds....my slave kept falling off...then drilled hole in mount on trans bolted in place voila done.

It is the easiest method to install.

Removing can be a ho cause the steel clip around slave has 2 tabs digging into aluminum. My tabs were broke off thus it popped off as described.

Removal is pry off carefully so as not to break tabs. The pushrod should just pop out of clutch are however should remain in slave.

One tip...

Tie up clutch pedal or disconnect pushrod if leaving out for some time so you dont accidentally nlow slave apart.

JM2CW