97 F250 options

Jimmy Stewart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just picked tgis truck up. Traded my 05 Mustang for it. Its a 97 F250 powertroke. The bed is totally shot on it. I traded it to tow a fifth wheel camper anyways so does anyone have any good recommendations for a decent priced flatbed?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have a place around you that sells and installs truck bodies and equipment like snowplows, etc. I would hunt them down and get a price. Many many years ago my local place wanted $750 for a new flatbed, and it was a little extra to get the dress up panels to go along side the frame. I can't remember if that included installation or not.

Jimmy Stewart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have a place around you that sells and installs truck bodies and equipment like snowplows, etc. I would hunt them down and get a price. Many many years ago my local place wanted $750 for a new flatbed, and it was a little extra to get the dress up panels to go along side the frame. I can't remember if that included installation or not.
I appreciate it. I want to build a serious tow rig out of this so looking for best options on suspension, flatbed, and engine upgrades/modifications. Thinking about running double radiator as well as a FASS fuel system

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last flatbed I purchased was 1700 for a Bradford with a goosneck ball in the bed an they wanted 350 to put the rails in for a fifth wheel but I will say I really like the Bradford built they make a nice flatbed my 95 chev k2500 has a home made and like that one too because it was built for what I would use it for I spent about 600 on raw material

Jimmy Stewart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last flatbed I purchased was 1700 for a Bradford with a goosneck ball in the bed an they wanted 350 to put the rails in for a fifth wheel but I will say I really like the Bradford built they make a nice flatbed my 95 chev k2500 has a home made and like that one too because it was built for what I would use it for I spent about 600 on raw material
This may be a dumb question but are those flatbeds something that bolts on or is there a lot of fabrication involved?

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are those flatbeds something that bolts on or is there a lot of fabrication involved?

That's not a stupid question and they are bolt on or the ones I got we're the one I made was super easy to bolt on too the frame rails are pretty level at the mounting areas

Oh @no mufflers has a flatbed
Lol

Last edited:

Jimmy Stewart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Stewart, that bed looks good in your pictures. How is it trashed?
On the inside, the actual bed itself is so rusted that in some spots the bolts aren’t even holding it down. I can pick up from the side and flop it around. The sides are in great shape. It’s a shame because the truck has a fresh paint job.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I would. I don't really care for flatbeds. I haul too much little stuff that would fall off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online