96 probe gt

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have several questions about this car I'm fixing for a friend of mine. The car is a pile a problems but as a result of negligence from the owner, I want to get it right for Him but I need to ask someone knowledgeable first, anybody know a good probe forum (tried 3 and the guys there know even less than Me :rolleyes:) or if someone is familiar with them then I'll ask the question here.

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
hey guys what places rebuild the computers on this things? I'd like to deal directly with the person that will do it.

Thank You.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Can't find one in a junk yard EZ?:dunno
Computer take a poop?
Wha'ts going on?
I've been workin on my neighbors Probe Gt.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
This is My friend car, he neglected it for years and now wants to use it again :rolleyes: wasted $1000 in a mechanic and they return it with more problems so I thought I would help Him. The engine light has been on for a very long time I tried connecting My scanner but it can not complete the connection I use this scanner many times and I know it works and the probe has a protocol that is included on My scanner as well. Some time ago the OD light started flashing nd the tranny will shove from 1st to 2nd in a hurry shaking the entire car but the rest of the gears seem fine, while this happens the od light will start flashing. If no computer I can't get any codes therefore don't know exactly what is going on (this is why I hate new cars) I looked and the wiring is factory and looks untempered with so a bad connection/wire although possible isn't My first guess. The tranny controller is also with the computer so it all comes on the same package and I thought replacing the hole thing may fix it (rebuilding the computer = $300 junk yard $125) or if there is something that explains how to do it I could rebuild the computer Myself unless of course I need a special programmer to get it going.

Any way to check if the computer is bad (now that is ironic :rolleyes:) or a way to find the relay that powers it?

Thank You.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk