95 PS F250 Sat for two years running.... Tranny issue

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mechanic pulled the same code as the trans guy, I have asked around to a lot of people I know and both of these guys come highly recommended. I have used the same mechanic for years, and when I say drove it, he drove it up and down the road, less than a mile. I appreciate the advice, but I do not appreciate someone basically calling me stupid for saying I trust my mechanic. This guy has been in business for over 20 years, I am very picky about whom I let work on my vehicles, I would like to say I can do everything myself, but the fact is, I can't first I do not have all of the knowledge, and second, I do not have a lot of extra time. I was excited about this truck, I was excited that I now have less than $2100 in it all said and done, and I come on here and have people tell me that I am wrong for trusting someone..... and the tran guy told me this is a common problem on these trucks, it is a $300 fix, does that sound like a rip off???? I do not have to watch my mechanic work, he is good at what he does, would help anyone out that needed it and stands behind his work.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize if you took any thing wrong that I said. Maybe were overly protective if we find out or know the poster is female, there a good candidate to get ripped off as we have found out more than a few times. But you did say previously that he drove it around for a week, that probably lead to a lot of derogatory remarks. When a transmission goes into what is called a LIMP MODE, it should NOT be driven, someone should have told you not to drive it until the problem is fixed. Hopefully your truck is fixed so you can enjoy it.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The mechanic pulled the same code as the trans guy, I have asked around to a lot of people I know and both of these guys come highly recommended. I have used the same mechanic for years, and when I say drove it, he drove it up and down the road, less than a mile. I appreciate the advice, but I do not appreciate someone basically calling me stupid for saying I trust my mechanic. This guy has been in business for over 20 years, I am very picky about whom I let work on my vehicles, I would like to say I can do everything myself, but the fact is, I can't first I do not have all of the knowledge, and second, I do not have a lot of extra time. I was excited about this truck, I was excited that I now have less than $2100 in it all said and done, and I come on here and have people tell me that I am wrong for trusting someone..... and the tran guy told me this is a common problem on these trucks, it is a $300 fix, does that sound like a rip off???? I do not have to watch my mechanic work, he is good at what he does, would help anyone out that needed it and stands behind his work.

$300 clams to correct this is good. A recon solenoid pack is a little over $150. New over $200. Plus labor and misc. materials.

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tranny guy has been in business for over 25 years , he is good at what he does.