'94 IDI Turbo Oil Feed Line

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with hydraulic hose is that at the turbo end can possibly cook shut from the heat, that is why steel or teflon is used.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
You told me that 2 years ago... Still hasn't happened, drive it every day.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with hydraulic hose is that at the turbo end can possibly cook shut from the heat, that is why steel or teflon is used.

I'd say it's less of a concern when using the manifold on top of the charger as that puts a bit of space between the charger and line...

Something else, on water cooled chargers, most use rubber coolant supply lines. Some also use rubber oil return lines directly on the cartridge.

It is certainly something to keep in mind though. I'm curious what the temp rating is on the hose we used... I'll have to check. I used all Teflon lined braided hose on my compound system and love it.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the hydraulic hose which I looked it up and it is rated for 212F. With oil flowing through it at close to those temps, it would probably be wise to check the exterior of the hose with a IR temp gun to make sure it isnt getting too hot.

212F is maximum working temperature which would maintain the max working pressure. Not sure when the hose would actually start to fail due to temperature alone.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may never happen, but it can and does , ruins a turbo before you can blink.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726