'94 IDI Turbo Oil Feed Line

snacked

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Trying to get the parts to fix this oil leak without having to take it apart first. My preference would be to repair the factory line, but I can live with retrofitting a braided stainless line into place.

After searching through a bunch of different posts I haven't found anything recent regarding availability of the rubber packing sleeves (aka olives) that are used on the oil feed line for the turbo. Are these still available? Any easy sources for them?

If not, is there an oil line kit available (ebay level) that one of you has used? I see plenty of them available for ~$20, but I don't want to waste my time or money on something that's poor quality or won't bolt on.

Otherwise, if I'm going to piece this together from Summit, what will I need? I understand that the fitting on the block is a 1/4" NPT (it is a '94), so, if I were to put my own line together I would need that. What size fitting goes into the factory distribution block sitting on top of the turbo? Is 6 AN the appropriate size?

Thanks, John

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I mean, you could take the old line to a hydraulic shop and have one made. I would go braided stainless like the banks kits have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a oil supply line i just purchased,
i believe the fittings are -4AN
i have -6 AN on my fuel filter to IP line.
so i can definitely rule out the -6 an

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Does anyone make a feed line? or can you find an online source for one, with out having to make it yourself

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Ok I thought they did, wasn't sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I have olives in stock too for the factory line. And snacked you are in aloha, I am there every couple days.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the block on top of the turbo is 1/8npt on the feed line side, pressure sender side is 1/4" npt and I think block side is 1/4" npt on turbo engines

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil enters on the left you can see its smaller, 1/8" npt, I used 1/4 tee and nipple, factory oil pressure sender is on top of tee, theres and 1/8 x1/4 bushing for my electric sender on right

Attachments

• 2016-03-22 20.11.01.jpg
    2016-03-22 20.11.01.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 43

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top of turbo can be either 1/8 pipe or 1/4 pipe. Depending on casting maker.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we did the install on a buddy's truck, his kit was missing the feed line. We went down to the local tractor supply and picked up a 3/8" hydraulic hose and swivel reducers for the block and charger manifold. Hose has a working pressure of 5k psi and was only $12 or so.

1/4" would probably be ideal so if you have a hydraulic shop in your area, they can easily make one up quick/cheap. Otherwise, order a few feet of -4 braided stainless, 2 -4 swivel female ends and 2 1/4npt to -4 male/male adapters. If your turbo oil manifold uses 1/8" npt threads, then one of those male/male adapters needs to be that size to -4.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top of turbo can be either 1/8 pipe or 1/4 pipe. Depending on casting maker.

This is very interesting. I wonder if this is why some if us have lower oil pressure with our sending unit on top of the turbo and why some others have problems with the valley pan grommets leaking oil with the valley pan baffle intact