93 oil cooler line problem

Talltimber

Reaction score
just installed a new block in my old 93 6.5 td. while replacing the oil cooler line into the new block i can not get them to tighten down, even when i run them all the way in the swivel joints are still loose. is there another fitting that goes between the swivel joint and the block or what. thanks

Talltimber

Reaction score
Originally posted by towcat
silly ass question, but I gotta ask. You did put in the "O"rings at the ends of the barbs....right?

crap!!!!! thats what happens when you get in to big of a hurry. i'm going out to the shop and check right now, but i don't think its going to help. i am going to feel even more of a fool when i get there, cause i don't think i did. thanks for the rely
:frustrate

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call towcat. ;Sweet

Dont sweat it none TT, thats what this place is here for.

:cheers:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Good call towcat. ;Sweet

Dont sweat it none TT, thats what this place is here for.

:cheers:

no prob. I know these 6.2/6.5 motors quite well too. As maligned as they are in the small diesel world, they did provide good service for narrow applications.

Talltimber

Reaction score
thanks for the reminder on the o-rings, yeah i forgot them and the more i thought about it the further i got from the problem. we got everything hooked up tonite and fired it off. got a good motor. took a crate 6.5 n/a and converted it with all the turbo stuff off of my bad motor. i have had a hard time getting information on the n/a motor, so right now i'm a little gun shy as to the outcome. any info on the diffs in these 2 motors that you have heard would be welcome. i was told that the pre-comb chambers are slightly smaller and that they only have 5 oil piston sprayers, keep in mind these comments were not from professional mechs. any way thanks for the suggestion
joe.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are minor differences between the na and the turbo motor but nothing major enough that you can't put on a turbo. the fleet I used to work on, we took the auction 6.2/6.5's from the gov't and turbo'd them and had no problems. Believe it or not, even with fleet abuse, these motors lasted three to four years. Not bad in my book when you could put a service truck on the road for less than a 2k package. Problem now is the auction motors are getting scarce so they are not cost efficient to keep repowering. I have a '85 1ton that I am parting out because of this fact. There's a few locals who are willing to cough up 1k for the entire truck just to get the THM 400 and the GV behind it. I'm holding out for more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online