93 F350 to be coming home soon!

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,
I have had my 97 Powerstroke now for about 5 years now (I am keeping it) and before that I had my 88 IDI, which I sold to buy the PSD. As much as I like hopping up the PSD, I missed the simplicity and reliability of a mechanically injected IDI. So............I'm picking up a 93 F350 crewcab 4x4. Fingers are crossed, but it should be mine by tomorrow afternoon. She's a normally aspirated rig with over 200,000 miles but I'm not too worried.
Still on the fence as to if will rebuild and turbo this engine, swap in a remanned engine, or do a Cummins swap. For now, I'm just going to drive it and use it for my test mule for 100% biodiesel. I'll get pics up once the deal is 100% finalized.
It's funny, I have so many upgrades/projects I want to do to the PSD, yet can't find the time or money to do some of them, yet I'm taking on another truck project!cookoo
Oh, and the wife is just thrilled about all of this....:rotflmao :eek:
Jerry

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you want to pull at the Buck again! :D

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you want to pull at the Buck again! :D

Yeah, I can still smell clutch!

As for the 93, I got it. I have it over at my parents' home (got to make room for it here!) It is a bit rougher than I had hoped, but all if fixable. The paint sucks, but I knew that (looks like a Maaco deal...the cheapest package) and the interior has some panels I need to repair, along with weatherstripping, new dash vents, etc. I could have got a nicer rig for about the same money, BUT I would have had to go much further away.
The body is very solid, no rust holes, truck bed isn't beat completely up inside, etc. Now I just have to juggle spending money on it, with spending money on the 97. What's better than having a crewcab 4x4? Having two of 'em!:D

Jerry