8th Annual (2009) IDI Rally Information

pmelah

Reaction score
Hello Heath i got your friend request i think i accepted it i show up on your friends list now and i read this thread all the way thru. i am sorry i cant attend the rally to short of notice and money but will try to make it next year, and i don't have to work. i can ask for vacation then i would love to meet y'all (my wife might not care for it but oh well) it will be something i like to do I have had to work the last 5 scheduled vacations because i stayed home for this i would be out of town i like that idea anyway have fun in Iceland and at the rally

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Hey now... I have a problem with this winner is winner thing.... we non IDI'ers in my opinion should be able to run down the track but WE ARE NOT IN THE RUNNING FOR THE PLAQUE - PERIOD.... The IDI get-togethers were put together to celebrate the IDI because way back when the diesel rallies started up if you showed up in an IDI we were the dirt on the bottom of the shoe of the PSD crowd.... some owners didn't even reallize that Ford had diesels before the PSD.... so while I will run full out on the track I will not accept a trophy or award when I win - this is about the IDI's....

I feel very strongly about this.

Now I will go around and poke fun at you ford boys about having two too many cylinders (just ask Ron and Jim "Lucky Larue") but it's all in fun because I too was once an IDIer and I'm still an IDIer at heart but these rallies, get togethers and weekends should be and are centered around the IDI.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
oh and yes when we go out as a group the non idi's run at the back of the pack... it goes in order of importance.... IDI's, Cummins, Gassers, PSD, and then finally Goat Smuggler.... :rotflmao;p:rotflmao

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey now... I have a problem with this winner is winner thing.... we non IDI'ers in my opinion should be able to run down the track but WE ARE NOT IN THE RUNNING FOR THE PLAQUE - PERIOD.... The IDI get-togethers were put together to celebrate the IDI because way back when the diesel rallies started up if you showed up in an IDI we were the dirt on the bottom of the shoe of the PSD crowd.... some owners didn't even reallize that Ford had diesels before the PSD.... so while I will run full out on the track I will not accept a trophy or award when I win - this is about the IDI's....

I feel very strongly about this.

Now I will go around and poke fun at you ford boys about having two too many cylinders (just ask Ron and Jim "Lucky Larue") but it's all in fun because I too was once an IDIer and I'm still an IDIer at heart but these rallies, get togethers and weekends should be and are centered around the IDI.

Ditto!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Agreed thats why in my original post I stated I understood the plaque should go to an IDI seeing as how it is an IDI event

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmer down now.........simmer down.:rotflmao

First of all, this is your rally, not mine. As the host, I will do my best to make the group's wish a reality........to the best of my ability. If you guys wanna give a plaque to the highest placing IDI and call that truck the "winner," then that's fine.

I understand that the rally is suposed to be IDI focused, and that before the IDI rally, we were the "outcasts" of the other diesel events/weekends. But, as the host, I DO NOT WANT ANYONE who comes to feel like an outcast or that they can't fully participate in and enjoy the Rally just because they no longer drive an IDI. Does that make since?;Sweet

I certainly (unintentionally) ruffled a few feathers with the plan to give the plaque to the winner of the bracket. But, here's why:

1. This is (I guess I should say was...:D) the only Non-IDI specific competition for the weekend. All the "Show-n-Shine" awards, plus the dyno day awards are basically IDI-Only.
2. You Non-IDI guys travel a long way to get to the rally as well. One or two awards that aren't engine type specific is a way to say thanks for coming and even though you don't drive an IDI, we still want you guys to come and feel welcome while you are here.
3. There were some earlier comments (in March I think) to the effect of "line'm up and run'em and let the chips fall where they may." There were no objections to this and I assumed (incorrectly) that this meant you all wanted to race heads up in a random (or not so) draw and winner takes all.
4. Separating IDI and Non-IDI may not be practical as there will likely only be 4-5 Non-IDI trucks. That's not much of a bracket. It will be 2 or 3 races only. And, that is why I think it is best for us all to race as a group.

That's my two cents, please give me yours.:thumbsup:

Heath

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Heath, we(my family and I) come to the rally for the people(now that I no longer own an IDI). I don't expect or have the need for a "prize". I just want to run to see what it will run. Curiosity killed the cat, not the goat. Thanks again for all of your hard work.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I think another issue may be that some might not even drive a diesel...and while I have no intentions of driving my truck or getting on the track, it might be prudent to lay some laws for the game. Would it be possible to do a "Fastest Truck" and "Fastest IDI" plaques? Just a thought, but I've got a 570 sitting in the shop going into a Chevy pickup, I could prolly bring it! :) Of course, the additional fuel used to get it there would prolly pay for 50 plaques! :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I will be driving from the west coast. I can actually see the Pacific Ocean from my house. So I will need to drive back home when its all done. therefore I wont be "racing" all out. The tow charge to get home will kill me. I'm going to attend the rally for shareing of information. My truck probbly can beat the pants off many other trucks but thats not what I do. Towcat knows this. He runs bouncing off the govener. I "think" I have seen it once....:eek: I just don't push that hard. I know my motor and don't like to hear it scream at the red line. Even the dyno run has me thinking hard about running it that hard... I'm getting more and more anxious to get on the road to the rally.... Its going to be great meeting all of you and... Maybe we can get Sam back on the road to recovery in her truck.;Sweet:sly

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Gary, dont' feel alone. I've already been "informed" that I will not be horsing around either.:dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..... it might be prudent to lay some laws for the game. Would it be possible to do a "Fastest Truck" and "Fastest IDI" plaques?

Well, unless Beech Bend has/uses something other than the standard "Elimination" Format....it will be winners move on and losers watch the rest. We can make out own 1st round race match ups, but then, winners race winners until their is only one standing. Pretty typical. I've never drag raced before and maybe there are other race format options?

It will be rally attendee's diesel trucks only (sorry Scott). And, the plaques where ordered over a week ago.......so there will be only a single "Drag Race Winner" plaque.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Heath, most drap strips provide time printouts for each lane.
Hopefully they do, that will at least put up some numbers to brag about.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.