8th Annual (2009) IDI Rally Information

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to start a pool Heath for the first time someone posts or hits you up for a spot at the campground.

I'll take May 19.

Yup, it's just a matter of time Barnery. By the way....ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT!

And just a reminder to everyone.........Missy and I will be in Iceland during the 1st part of June and if you have any questions/issues.........We'll be back to address them about two weeks pre-Rally, as I have no idea how easy it will be to check OB, BOOB, and what not in Iceland.:dunno

Heath

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
They say that the women are beautiful there. Disproportionally so. Seems that the vikings would take the purty gals back home from their raids and the now locals have a most favorable gene pool.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of light complected, blonde headed folks there, real scandinavian in heritage I hear. :fight:Yup, a bunch of Vikings!:fight: I'll be eating a lot of sheep and fish that 2 weeks.;Lick

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yell:TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET A CAMPSITE!!! :yell:

The reserved sites are open for any and everyone tomorrow!

Heath

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath, you gonna check out some of the wicked off road events in iceland???? If you havent heard of it, youtube it. !!!!

BlueCrew

Reaction score
Heath I might be down there a couple of days just as a day guest my families going camping that weekend so I'll probable be at one site or the other Andy

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well......the TS Outlaw event this past weekend was a mess and did not leave a very good impression on the city of Bowling Green or Beech Bend.:mad: Friday night a group of drunken fools camping at Beech Bend broke into the Drag strip and damaged property as well as "mudding" in the very wet soil surrounding the track and then proceded to do their own drag racing as well. This covered the track with mud! Dallas Jones (owner) was so mad he canceled the drag racing and all the TS events planned for the rest of the weekend!:puke::backoff

If that was not enough.....people where smoking out the entire town, racing in the streets, and burning out and doing dounuts all over the place. Needless to say.........this is a bad way to represent the diesel truck crowd. I hope it has not tainted the city's impression of our group.

Heath I might be down there a couple of days just as a day guest my families going camping that weekend so I'll probable be at one site or the other Andy
Very nice to hear Andy. Hope to see you there.

Heath

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Needless to say.........this is a bad way to represent the diesel truck crowd. I hope it has not tainted the city's impression of our group.
Heath

Been reading some pretty negative outcomes of that event. cookoo

Not good, to say the least. Some people never seem to grow up.:backoff

I fear we're going to have our work cut out to "redeem" ourselves and most doubtedly, will be under a very close microscope.

Heath, I'm sure some ambassador duties will be cropping up fore too long regarding that event.

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Granted, these don't appear too bad, but from what I've read, some of the ruts were pretty deep.
It also appears that a few of attendees at the campgrounds decided to chain em up and conduct their own pull offs on the grounds, a few took it upon themselves to hit the drag strip and muddy it all up, run over a tent with quad and a person in it.:eek:
And some of the locals were showing off in town smoking things up.:backoff

One of the 19 year-old ****** bags that got in trouble on the streets was one of our locals, however he is not affiliated with Cobb's Diesel Performance he is a member of the local cummins cult. He was blacking out the whole main drag about 10AM on Saturday morning and needless to say the cops got him and they got him good. Hope the punk learned his lesson! Some of you may have seen the idiot, it was a red Ford F-250 with a Cummins in it and he had Bullhauler's in the bed. He even smoked the cop car while they were chasing him down, now that stupidity......

AAAAAANNNNND, the thoughts of a diesel event participant....
I agree. Who cares if you blow smoke at a DIESEL EVENT. That's part of having a high performance diesel. I mean come on. If you can't blow some smoke at a DIESEL EVENT, than you might as well not have a diesel. And when you think about it, people of all ages have been doing burnouts at all kinds of events for the past 30-40 years. It may not be the safest thing, but it's part of it. As long as people aren't tearing #### up, they might as well have a little fun. You can't get away with it any other time. You know what's going to happen at these events. If you have a problem with that type of thing, don't go. I don't understand the whole complaining about it.

I am glad to say that this group has a much better sense of common courtesy.;Sweet

Mods:
If this shouldn't be here, it can be removed.

Attachments

• jeremyspicsfromts045.jpeg
    jeremyspicsfromts045.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 26
  • jeremyspicsfromts046.jpeg
    jeremyspicsfromts046.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
and you guys wonder why I don't go to Dodge Cummins rallies.... it's because they act like a bunch of teenagers and have no respect for property or safety.... I mean don't get me wrong - I've been known to roll some smoke from both the tires and the exhaust but it's within reason.... I've seen some of the video's from some of the stuff that goes on when the sun goes down and these kids act like hooligans and then whine and cry that they are being picked on after the fact. You know chaining two trucks together does not prove which truck is better it just proves which two guys in the group are the biggest idiots.... oh man I could go on for hours - I'm in one of those moods (I'm quitting tobacco and feeling the effects or the lack there of).....

I'll get down of the soap box now and take my seat....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares if you blow smoke at a DIESEL EVENT. That's part of having a high performance diesel. I mean come on. If you can't blow some smoke at a DIESEL EVENT, than you might as well not have a diesel. And when you think about it, people of all ages have been doing burnouts at all kinds of events for the past 30-40 years. It may not be the safest thing, but it's part of it. As long as people aren't tearing #### up, they might as well have a little fun. You can't get away with it any other time. You know what's going to happen at these events. If you have a problem with that type of thing, don't go. I don't understand the whole complaining about it.

What a ******. That mindset is the very reason they will likely ban TS's event from being in Bowling Green again. I think he only owns a diesel so he can blow a black cloud and **** people off.

Heath

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ron and talked this morning on the phone and he was telling me about what happened and then I read Heath's post. So I called the Bowling Green KOA camp ground to see if they knew what happened. The young lady that I spoke with said that they didn't stay at their campground so they didn't have any problem directly. However she did run into them in town and saw some hell raising there. I told her I just wanted to assure her that they would not have the problems with our group like the TS group gave. I let her know that I hosted one of these events, and have been to 4 others and this is a great family event that Heath is putting together, not a bunch of drunken idiots. It sounded like she really appreciated the call and was looking forward to our event.

I would hate to see any of our events canceled because of the TS Group. Sounds like were good on the Campground.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I've been following this all weekend. From what I've gathered it was one or two trucks at the track that tore up the grass. I would say that even if you were NOT trying to tear the place up, with that much rain, if you drove off of the pavement, you would tear up the grass. Not that I'm excusing the idiots that were playing "Moster jam" at the track, but I'm more inclined to believe the races were canceled because of weather more than anything else. I would also like to know where was the security, if all hell was braking loose? The other thing was the conditions at the truck pulls, over flowing Porta johns, and pore track conditions, I think some of the blame for a bad weekend should be placed on the hosts too. As far as the Jerk offs smoking out the public streets, It the was mostly locals doing the reckless driving.

It is truly a black eye for diesel enthusiasts and I hope it doesn't effect the IDI Rally.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will keep this here as a warning to those who are planning on visiting our IDI event, and have never been to one before. This group keeps their testosterone bottled, and applies it in measured doses. It does not and IS NOT to spill out out on the streets, campground, or any public place that will make it that much harder to have one of these events somewhere else. Ask ANY campground that has been home to a previous rally, and those folks will tell you we are welcome back any time. That is a source of pride that I think each rally host can be proud of, and a record that should endure. Sure, we can get a little crazy too, but it's done in secret.... :sly

LOL