8th Annual (2009) IDI Rally Information

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well doesn't look like I'll be making it to the rally. Now not only has both my trucks taken a crap, my brothers trucks clutch finally gave out, and yesterday my turbo eclipse decided it wanted to puke a main seal or something. So now I REALLY don't have the money to make it to the rally. :( Sorry guys.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
;PokeAwww come on Sean, I smoked the clutch on Mater this winter and still hauling firewood with it. Just can't push too ******* the go pedal.;Really

sootman73

Reaction score
that sucks sean. maybe by the middle of the summer you will make it down for a couple days.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, I really wanted to come to this one, but the situation dictates that I put the money I'd saved for the rally into atleast one of my vehicles. I hope to see you all at a future one as well, hopefully in the next year or two another one will be held in the same area.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Any more info on the drag racing. I hear the gates open at 5:00 pm, but do we have to be there at 5, if I'm late could I still race in the bracket? How much does it cost per race? I've never drag raced before so I don't know how everything works.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Generally there is inspection and drivers meeting (sometimes formal, sometimes not) and it is before the start of the class of racing. At least that's how it is done around here. Inspection on street cars is usually just to make sure fuel and oil lines are secure, etc. in an attempt to be safe and not oil down the track!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Generally there is inspection and drivers meeting (sometimes formal, sometimes not) and it is before the start of the class of racing. At least that's how it is done around here. Inspection on street cars is usually just to make sure fuel and oil lines are secure, etc. in an attempt to be safe and not oil down the track!

Yup, pretty much sums it up for the stockers.;Sweet

It's not like these trucks will be setting any land speed records that night.:D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas Jones (owner of Beech Bend) is wanting to wait until closer to the event to make specifics like time to be there and when the driver's meeting will be and so on. The cost will likely be their standard.....never raced there so I'm not sure.:dunno He may discount us. If we had more guys, he'd open the strip just for us......but it's not that big of a rally.:D

I'll call him before too long and see what's he's got in the way of specifics.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yell:The sites I have reserved for the rally will "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC" on May 1st which is THIS FRIDAY!:yell: That's right....in just 3 days!

The site will fill quickly and if you are coming and need an RV site, you better get your reservation now or you might miss out unfortunately.:eek:

The Rally approaches!! See you soon.

Heath

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
It's time to start a pool Heath for the first time someone posts or hits you up for a spot at the campground.

I'll take May 19.