88 f350 to 96 ps cab and 92 wiring

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the whole project has gone well.. theres been plenty of thing thrown in that i didnt expect.... but hey that was bound to happen

im wondering about these 2 connectors.. i know the 1 is for the tach but its only got the 1 wire in it.. what am i missing? my 88 had an ext harnnes and it carried over into the reg wiring so am i missing a part to compete that?
You must be registered for see images attach

2 i have this connector and no were to plug in the rev switch on the trans.. is this a plug for a harnes for the 5speed trans

truck was a 88 manual, donor complete harness was a 92 manual, cab was from a 96 ps auto. just about everything other then some cab wiring is figured out but im not to worried about the cab wiring and then what ever may raise when i try to drive it.

heres some pics of the process i have bunch more

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have a look at my 92 in a little bit. That plug in the first pic....where about is,it in the wiring harness? I am not recognizing it off hand. Looks to be over a battery in the picture.

The second plug I can't help you with...I do not have that on my truck.

Looks like a nice truck just about ready. Enjoy it!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went out and looked at mine. That plug has 2 wires, green and orange wire going into it on mine. Plug looks the same.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out and looked at mine. That plug has 2 wires, green and orange wire going into it on mine. Plug looks the same.

any chance you could get any pics and up load them? thanks!
maybe it was a non tach cluster? the cluster was already gone when i pulled all the wiring