87-94 Glowplug harness...

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '92's has seen better days. I was wondering if it's possible to make a new one? I don't THINK it'd be that hard, but you never know.

-Mike

Diehard450

Reaction score
I had asked the same thing, Someone had replied that the mainline (power supply for glowplug's ) is one wire and that each plug has a short lead for each plug leading off of it. That is if I understood him correctly. I maybe be wrong but that's how I understood it. I still haven't repaired mine or replaced it, but intend on doing it. good luck with it!

Marshall1

Reaction score
thats how mine was. I made a new harness for the driver's side since the PO thought it was OK to just wrap electrical tape around the burned glow plug connectors and call it good.:rolleyes:

Its not hard to do just use the proper gaude wire and bullet connectors.

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats how mine was. I made a new harness for the driver's side since the PO thought it was OK to just wrap electrical tape around the burned glow plug connectors and call it good.:rolleyes:

Its not hard to do just use the proper gaude wire and bullet connectors.

What gauge wire would be good then?

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had 2 10 gauge yellow wires going from the starter solenoid to the glow plug relay. They both hooked to the same terminal on each end.

Marshall1

Reaction score
on mine the wires for the glow plugs were brown with unusually thick insulation, but I do believe that they were 10 AWG. I ended insulation my wire with fiberglass sleve as any extra precaution aginst heat and chafing.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a new complete harness at uhaul parts. $188 + shipping. Take one off put the new one on.:thumbsup:

Rick

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a new complete harness at uhaul parts. $188 + shipping. Take one off put the new one on.:thumbsup:

Rick

Sorry I'd rather save $168 and make my own in a afternoon's time. Guess I'll be pulling the old one off and copying it.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I was into mine not long ago...the heavy wires on the solonoid end are fusible links. I did away with them, ran 4 gauge battery cable with a 250 MAX fuse from the solonoid to the controller. Works like a charm, but doesn't fix the glow plug end issues.