7.3 upgrades and EBP valve

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Keep this in mind then, I've been to 3 auto parts stores & 2 radio shacks & have yet to come up with stainless steel washers or a fuel pressure gauge that will work!!! I let ya know where I find the stuff.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Keep this in mind then, I've been to 3 auto parts stores & 2 radio shacks & have yet to come up with stainless steel washers or a fuel pressure gauge that will work!!! I let ya know where I find the stuff.

With the stage 1 injectors I would skip the FPR shim and just get a regulated return set up from ITP... A bit more money but worth it in the long run... Comes with a gauge too!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
With the stage 1 injectors I would skip the FPR shim and just get a regulated return set up from ITP... A bit more money but worth it in the long run... Comes with a gauge too!

Does that bring the pressure up? I've seen them advertized but don't know what they do other than get more fuel to the #8 injector.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that bring the pressure up? I've seen them advertized but don't know what they do other than get more fuel to the #8 injector.

Your might be confusing the HPX mod with the Regulated return kit. Two completely different mods. But with the regulated return kit you dont need to do the HPX mod.

Cornfuzed yet?;Really

The regulated return kit stops the dead headed fuel rail and puts a return line from the head(s) to the tank with a regulator on it. This is a very basic description of how it works, read up on ITPs site (link provided) on their technical description and added benefits of the mod.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Your might be confusing the HPX mod with the Regulated return kit. Two completely different mods. But with the regulated return kit you dont need to do the HPX mod.

Cornfuzed yet?;Really

The regulated return kit stops the dead headed fuel rail and puts a return line from the head(s) to the tank with a regulator on it. This is a very basic description of how it works, read up on ITPs site (link provided) on their technical description and added benefits of the mod.

Not confused, just soaking it all in. I had looked at those kits before on the Bean's site but thought they were for BIG injector trucks. Since I don't fall into that category, I was gonna try the shim mod. But I wasn't aware the kit helped with idle quality & MPG. Out of money for now so it will have to wait a while. Might do the shims in the mean time.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Little change in plans, I ended up trading my 96 F150 4x4 straight up for a 1991 F250 XLT Lariat with a 7.3IDI....It's in really good shape for a rig with 407,000KM on the clock. 3.55LS diff and soon to be 4x4.

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance