7.3 idi coolant, cavitation questions

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plugs on the block that can be pulled to drain the system totally. One on the driver side next to the oil filter and one on the passenger side next to the starter. When I did my cooling system flush I refilled with Final Charge $12.50 gallon at Walmart I know Walmart sucks but they have the best price.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 18

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I mentioned pulling the block drains in my flush post:dunno

Anyway Final Charge is great coolant! If you flushed and refilled with Final charge you shouldn't have to worry about your cooling system for a long time.;Sweet

furfishgame

Reaction score
Ha i should have posted this more than the night before i did it :p i didnt flush it out near that good. Only did one flush with distilled water.. Should i re do it?

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha i should have posted this more than the night before i did it :p i didnt flush it out near that good. Only did one flush with distilled water.. Should i re do it?

I'd probably just run it. With new coolant you're already better than before. How dirty was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

furfishgame

Reaction score
The coolant was fairily clean compativly, how ever i found a couple small chunks (rather, flakes) of rubber in it, i know the previous owner changed hoses before i bought it and he said the old ines were pretty rotted.. Im assuming a coolant filter would take any particles like that out of the system?

Last edited: