7.3 fuel system upgrade complete

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Good question Tom, cant help ya though ha!

Anyway time for the additional info i was talkin about. This installment ill be going over olive replacement. Now before ya go out n get a jar of olives and try to put em on stop! These fuel line olives seal the hard fuel lines up and over time can break down, get brittle can cause air intrustion.

First picture is of the olive location; red ( fuel filter out and IP in) is 5/16" and yellow (fuel filter in and old style T) is 3/8". NOTE, this upgrade does away with the yellow circled olive:
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what the new olive looks like installed on the fuel line:

To get the old olive out, there are a few choices. One method is to soak the end in some brake fluid for a couple minutes to soften up the rubber. The method i chose was to just dig it out with a pick. Mine were so brittle they came out pretty easy with a pick in a few pieces:

To install the new olive, select the appropiate size, lube the flared end with some vasoline or lube the olive with some diesel fuel and slide it over the flare at a 45* until its on and push it to the end of the flare and slide the brass nut over:

Then simple reinstall and snug up. Im sure they have a torque spec but i dont have them at the moment.